The simFlight Network Forums

Instructions...?

Toni

The Manual doesn't cover everything in detail but the forum has lots of tips on finding covered workings, my tip is you can move the screens around and resize by right mouse button dragging on the right lower screens with the 3 small buttons. As for the camera if you have it highlighted it will go to aircraft that is selected either on the flight strips or the ADIRES screen, when it's not highlighted then you can move the main screen view to your liking by dragging the right mouse button.

The small screens do not move to a second monitor unfortunately. 

'Flightsimpilot'

Many thanks for your reply. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I cannot drag around the main screen to change view/pan using right mouse button ('Help' talks about middle button!!!)

The scroll wheel works fine to zoom in or out but when I press it (i.e. as a button) the pointer freezes.... It could be that the view is locked onto a specific aircraft but even when there are no aircraft in play, I still can't pan around the field.

Help!!!  This is driving me nuts!

Thanks.

My apologies you are correct it is the mouse wheel that needs to be held down and dragged to move the screen, I always choose CLEAR on the command bar and make sure the camera icon is not displayed before dragging the mouse, I know it's a bit of a pain sometimes to move the screen but it does work eventually.

Eureka ! - Well, almost....

I managed to use the 'middle' button (scroll wheel held down) to pan around the airport just once (after moving it around for over 30 seconds, it suddenly came to life).

Since then, I haven't managed to pan around at all.

I think this is a serious bug and feelThere should include a fix in their next revision

Also, on the top of the ADIRS screen, what does the cross with the arrows icon do?

Thanks!

Absolutely nothing. Apparently this was left on by mistake when they were developing Tower 3d,  As you have found out not everything is working as it should be, well I  certainly think so, I have used this forum to put to feelthere my points of view as to certain parts not behaving correctly as yet these items have not been altered but I live in hope.

I agree with you. This has the potential to be a really good product but it's currently let down by poor instructions and things that simply don't work (as I have found to my frustration).

Other details that are a shame are things like the ridiculously slow speed that planes taxi around (especially when they've landed and are clearing the runway), and have you seen the lanes that car drivers use at LAX?  Small point but certainly detracts from any idea of authenticity.....

Another suggestion is to have the option to ask aircraft to 'expedite' taxiing, lining up, and vacating the runways.

I really hope the developers read this forum. *

--

** Rest of post removed as in violation of forum rules.

--

Edited by scoobflight
Rules violation

It may have its quirks and glitches, but it has come a long way since the end of May, and expeditiously I may add.  The developers are responsive to show stoppers but there may be underlying programming anomalies that may prevent some options or features.  Personally I would rather test/use the game instead of waiting months for perfection, which may never be obtained.  Besides, what better way to get ideas for improvements, like high powered binoculars (sorry Vic, just had to say it), than to put the product into the hands of the public.

RickyJ