The simFlight Network Forums

Access to Lekseecon offsets

(I'm a mainframe programmer by trade, with knowledge of VB6, but that's as far as my knowledge goes as far as the inner workings of FS-X, SimConnect, FSUIPC and Lekseecon).

Any chance of unlocking access to the Level-D offsets provided to us by Lekseecon (8000 to 9000)?

Nico is stopping support for FSUIPC with version 8 of Lekseecon for the Level-D 767, and concentrating his efforts on SIOC from version 10 onwards.  That's fine for those willing to invest in OpenCockpit solutions, I'd prefer to roll my own if at all possible. On my old WinXP gamer, I was able to access Level-D offsets using VB6 and interface via USB to PIC microcontrollers, but that's not really desirable compared to the improvements in Win10 and FS-X Steam Edition.

It's sad to see the Level-D 767 left behind, it's such a complex and fun all-around airplane.

Thanks for all your work and continued support for FSUIPC Pete.

Robert

Post on Lekseecon forum: http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31025

Win10 64bit
FS-X Steam Edition v10.0.62615.0
Level-D 767 v1.4.2a
FSUIPC v4.958

i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz, G SKILL DDR4 32GB @ 3200MHz
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula, EK triple watercooling
ASUS dual GTX950 OC STRIX, HyperX Cloud II headset
SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 250GB and 500GB
EVGA Supernova G2 850W, CORSAIR Obsidian 750D

"You're our only hope!"

9 minutes ago, Demon said:

Any chance of unlocking access to the Level-D offsets provided to us by Lekseecon (8000 to 9000)?

No offsets in FSUIPC are subject to any sort of locked access!

The only offsets assigned to Lekseecon were 9000 to 93FF. Nico Kaan also has 8B00-8BFF for FSCONV, which I think is also something to do with the Level D.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, sorry.  I re-re-re-read Nico's documentation and saw that Lekseecon_f updates those offsets.  Even if you had locked these, they would be empty unless Lekseecon_f is running.

And yes, I now have the latest version of Lekseecon_f running nicely with the Level-D in FS-X Steam on Win10.

• 7 months later...

Demon, I installed Lekseecon_f 8.4.  But when I run it I get an error :51 lekseecon_f.ini can't be found.  I've uninstalled then reinstalled, but still the same error.  Should it create an ini file?  I've installed it on my D:\ drive.  And at his site, there's no place to contact him.  Do you know where it should be located?