The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - LAX 24L & 24R Taxiway Z Hold Points

crbascott

The attached picture is showing where aircraft hold after landing at LAX on runway 24R and "exiting" on taxiway Z. The arrow on the left shows the real holding point and that the aircraft are actually stopping well short of it. This has caused a collision when a following aircraft exits at AA or BB. The right arrow shows that the aircraft are pulling forward a little too far when holding prior to crossing 24L. Not a major problem but the first holding point is definitely an issue. Thanks, Craig

24R_Arrivals.thumb.JPG.48026c64d4e934104a4af943fa7efdbb.JPG  

• 5 months later...

Following up on this. 

In a single player session today, I  had an arrival on 24R that "exited" and stopped at taxiway Z's holding point. Before I could move it, a heavy landed on 24R that was on it's wat to exit at taxiway AA. Unfortunately it collided with the plane at Z. 

Again, it would be nice to have the holding points adjusted so that the planes fully exited the runway. Left as-is and it will continue to be very damaging to the airline industry (at least when i'm controlling)..

Thanks,
Craig

On 3/30/2017 at 3:20 PM, crbascott said:

The attached picture is showing where aircraft hold after landing at LAX on runway 24R and "exiting" on taxiway Z. The arrow on the left shows the real holding point and that the aircraft are actually stopping well short of it. This has caused a collision when a following aircraft exits at AA or BB. The right arrow shows that the aircraft are pulling forward a little too far when holding prior to crossing 24L. Not a major problem but the first holding point is definitely an issue. Thanks, Craig

24R_Arrivals.thumb.JPG.48026c64d4e934104a4af943fa7efdbb.JPG  

Just quoting you, Scott, for a little clarification for Vic...

Scott mentioned the real holding point being on the left in the picture.  That's true for NORTHbound aircraft (6R via Zulu, hold short 6L).  For aircraft landing 24R and exiting left on Zulu, as in the picture, aircraft should NOT stop at all prior to that first line.  The only hold short line they should stop at is the second set.  

I'm including an overhead shot of that taxiway.  The runways are noted, as are the orientation of the hold short lines.  I did a quick paint job to show the detail of the hold short lines' dashes.  You can see that aircraft should not be stopping at all for that first line, since the dashes are on the runway/pilot's side...pilots should roll across those.  The second set has solid lines on the pilot's side, so the aircraft should be stopped prior to those.  It is correct in Scott's picture that the aircraft are definitely taxing past that line and should not be.

Hope that helps!

t9nIMUW.jpg

Edited by CL30
Typo 24L instead of 24R, oops