The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3DPro Local Traffic Flight Strip Bug

futureboy

After the local traffic at KSAN has done their "stop and go" or "touch and go" or both I clear the plane to land and have it taxi to the terminal.  Once the plane arrives at the terminal, the plane flight strip does not go away and I cannot select the flight strip to delete it once the plane reaches the terminal.  I can delete the plane after I tell it to taxi to the terminal or I can tell the plane to contact departure after it does its' final procedure and the flight strip information will be removed. Screenshot and game log attached.

Should I not be landing the plane and sending it to the terminal?

RickyJ

LocalStripNotClearing.log

LocalStripNotClearing.thumb.jpg.aa6a0eb3e39d9edf9a948cf0a8fb5d9d.jpg

I'd like to do more, but we have a few issues with GA/local traffic at the moment. 

• Not counting TIST, KSAN is the only airport where GA traffic was provided by Nyerges.
  • The GA arrival bug limits the amount of local traffic we see. 
  • LAX has very limited GA/Cargo parking spaces, especially without the cargo area defined.
  • GA strip issue. 

FeelThere is aware of these and will hopefully knock them out in due time. 

1 hour ago, crbascott said:
  • Not counting TIST, KSAN is the only airport where GA traffic was provided by Nyerges.
  • The GA arrival bug limits the amount of local traffic we see. 
  • LAX has very limited GA/Cargo parking spaces, especially without the cargo area defined.
  • GA strip issue. 

1) False - There are gaandlocaltraffic.txt files created for all the airports KSAN and TIST are the only ones that are populated. I have created my own schedule for KSAN, but I am pretty sure that custom schedules will work for all airports, but I will need a couple days to confirm this. You have to create your own custom schedule if you want to do the "stop and go" or "touch and go".

2) True - GA traffic from other airports do not seem to be arriving.

3) True - But this should not prevent you from creating a custom schedule for "touch and go" or "stop and go". Again give me a couple days to confirm or deny this.

4) True - But the work around for now is to send the plane to departure once you are done with it or delete the plane once you send it to the terminal.

None of these are show stoppers, except for the "low approach" anamoly and should not prevent a true enthusiast  from enjoying the sim to its' fullest extent.  I do not have multiple monitors or the capability of voice control but that has not deterred me from literally hundreds of hours (accumulated time display still not functioning, nudge, nudge) of simulation time.

RickyJ

How is #1 False?

The statement was "Not counting TIST, KSAN is the only airport where GA traffic was provided by Nyerges." I didn't say you couldn't create your own custom schedules ... you definitely can. I've done it for KPHL, I'll do it for KLAX when the the arrival bug is fixed, KJFK when I get around to playing it, and probably KSAN too (the Nyerges schedule is a little unrealistic in the same callsigns are used over and over ... for example you have N560US depart for Dulles and 30 minutes later it is arriving from San Antonio).

But the reason I included #1 was that not all users know how to create/update schedules and that Nyerges didn't provide GA traffic for KLAX, KPHL, and KJFK which has a part in why you don't see much commentary on GA/local traffic.

I agree that none of these are show stoppers, but that doesn't mean I don't want see them fixed ... especially #2 for me. I too am an enthusiast, but I haven't had time to play the last two days and I'm starting to get a little cranky! ;)