The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D Pro - RT/RC Update Needed for JFK

crbascott

I'm seeing a lot of flights (140+ in the schedule file) for an airline with the callsign of PINNACLE (ICAO PIL) at KJFK. When looking at the kjfk_airlines.txt file I see the following entry: "PIL, 9E, PINNACLE, Canada Jet Charters, Canada". The best I can tell Pinnacle ceased to exist in 2013 and became Endeavor Air in 2013 operating under the callsign of FLAGSHIP (ICAO FLG). There is no entry for FLAGSHIP in the airlines file. In October 2016, Endeavor Air dropped the FLAGSHIP callsign and began using ENDEAVOR (ICAO EDV, IATA 9E).

So, bottom line, we have another example of very old schedule and airlines files. I'd appreciate FeelThere's help bringing this to Nyerges' attention as they aren't very responsive to us little people. 

Thanks,
Craig

PS - I haven't analyzed the rest of the airlines in the schedule, but give me time. ;)

PS#2 - PINNACLE shows up at KPHL too.

I have contacted Nyerges as well with numerous issues at KLAX (only airport I've really taken a close look at) from callsigns not being spoken correctly (spelling out the name) to duplicate flight numbers, same airline, at the same time which clog up the ramp and cause delays because you can only call one at a time.  Haven't gotten a response yet.  Some of them are easy fixes .. like for example, JetBlue.  Changing the callsign entry to Jet Blue fixes it.  Or swapping Federal Express and FEDEX in it's line fixes that one (by default, pilots identify themselves as "Federal Express" and not "Fedex").  Those are easy enough but why should we as consumers have to fix a product that we paid for?  I've found duplicate flights, departing flights that have no balancing arrivals, airlines that are in the terminal file but not in the airlines file and vice versa .. all kinds of stuff that you don't know about until it pops up in-game and then you have problems often with no solution except to delete aircraft or take exceptionally long ground delay penalties.

So that's the long way of saying, I second the motion to please encourage Nyerges to patch Real Traffic.  :)

Thanks much,

~ John

Your answer was deleted due to it's attitude. You also blamed something that we clearly told you will be part of the next SP. Your post didn't have any information just some flaming. This is not the forum where such an attitude is tolerated. If you have a problem and you can tell us in a civilized way we are here, listening to you but if you just here to add your "the other developer is a joke" kind of commands it will be removed in the future too. We are a friendly group of people and if you know us we release endless patches if necessary. Gabor from Nyerges is updating Real Traffic with each airport's release free of charge, doing a huge job and trying to refresh existing airports as well. Let's give him some time to do his job. 

Vic

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 9:05 PM, crbascott said:

I'm seeing a lot of flights (140+ in the schedule file) for an airline with the callsign of PINNACLE (ICAO PIL) at KJFK. When looking at the kjfk_airlines.txt file I see the following entry: "PIL, 9E, PINNACLE, Canada Jet Charters, Canada". The best I can tell Pinnacle ceased to exist in 2013 and became Endeavor Air in 2013 operating under the callsign of FLAGSHIP (ICAO FLG). There is no entry for FLAGSHIP in the airlines file. In October 2016, Endeavor Air dropped the FLAGSHIP callsign and began using ENDEAVOR (ICAO EDV, IATA 9E).

So, bottom line, we have another example of very old schedule and airlines files. I'd appreciate FeelThere's help bringing this to Nyerges' attention as they aren't very responsive to us little people. 

Thanks,
Craig

PS - I haven't analyzed the rest of the airlines in the schedule, but give me time. ;)

PS#2 - PINNACLE shows up at KPHL too.

Looks like with the new version of RT Nyerges made an attempt to correct the airlines.txt files. Nyerges did correctly remove the PIL ICAO and replace it with EDV, but with the callsign of FLAGSHIP which ceased to exist in OCt 2016. The callsign should be ENDEAVOR.

Close, but no cigar!   

PS - We're still seeing FEDERAL EXPRESS instead of FED EX and UNITED PARCEL SERVICE instead of U P S. Sure would be nice if we could get the airlines file cleaned up. We can do some of this manually but multiplayer needs each player to have the same file versions, so a cleaned official version would be the optimal solution.

Hello,

Where and how do I get or know if I have the most up to date versions of RT and RC? The links in my mail do not seem to work to update or download the versions, the link for tower3d pro does work correctly with the latest SP2.

Thanks in advance,

Marco

46 minutes ago, biosuit said:

Through bmtmicro. When I press the link in the email it says password blocked for both rt and rc. 

I've had this happen to me, just contact bmtmicro by email, let them know what's happened and they will sort it. They normally have a very quick response.

Russell