The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 reg not working

7 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I see you are still using the original release of FSUIPC, from last Thursday. 5.10. It might be a good idea to at least change to 5.101. I'm working on 5.102.

Oh deal. you are using 4.964, a pretty old one, on P3D3. The joystick scanning is completely differnt in that one. The equivalent to FSUIPC5.1 is 4.967, the currently suppoted version.

Please try not to use unsupported versions.

Pete

The only download I received from SimMarket is the version 5.10, Where do I get 5.101.

2 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

The only download I received from SimMarket is the version 5.10

You odn't get ANY download from SimMarket, They do provide a link, but that points back here.

All my software, includining interim updates like 5.101, is available in the Download Links subforum above, and has been for many many years.

Anyway, I was more concerned with you using 4.964 on P3D3 when that's been superseded by major new versions several times over months!

Pete

5 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Im still having the same problem, I think I'll wait for your final version to be released. I can run the unreg version at the moment. I'll try to solve the problem then,

It cannot be fixed in any "final version" if you go away and don't bother to help. I am trying to work out a way of getting more information, but it will involve you downloading additional versions, testing them, and showing me the results. I cannot fix it otherwise!!

Pete

2 hours ago, Navigation said:

Here is my log and files

FSUIPC5.log

FSUIPC5.DLL

FSUIPC5.ini

Please don't keep sending my my own program (the DLL). It is just a waste, and I already have a copy of my own program, believe it or not!

The LOG shows similar to grapeNo1's, ending with

140 ---------------------- Joystick Device Scan -----------------------
      203 Product= <not readable at this time: maybe device disconnected?>
      203    Vendor=0CF2, Product=9010 (Version 1.1)
      219 -------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you please run HidScanner too, as I asked him, and show me its log? It might prove useful to see if there are similarities.

Pete

49 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Please don't keep sending my my own program (the DLL). It is just a waste, and I already have a copy of my own program, believe it or not!

Can you please run HidScanner too, as I asked him, and show me its log? It might prove useful to see if there are similarities.

Pete

How do I find HidScanner

pcssundahl you have to send the FSUIPC5.log after you try installing FSUIPC5 with your reg key. the one you sent was the log from installing without the key.

Navigation go to the first page of this forum, at the top you will see Download links. then find Useful additional programs. you can find the HidScanner there.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

OK Pete here you for HidScanner results see attached

HidScanner.log

45 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

pcssundahl you have to send the FSUIPC5.log after you try installing FSUIPC5 with your reg key. the one you sent was the log from installing without the key.

Navigation go to the first page of this forum, at the top you will see Download links. then find Useful additional programs. you can find the HidScanner there.

No luck for you still grapeno1?

5 hours ago, pcssundahl said:

after axis assignment/calibration via fsuipc my apps stop working correctly.

iPad via server using fsuipc(writes) & (reads)

You posted an almost identical report in a different thread! Please do not post in multiple places, and anyway not in a thread not remotely connected with your subject.

Pete

9 hours ago, grapeno1 said:

I can try the hid scanner later when I get home. Btw that log was after registration. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, pcssundahl said:

I can try the hid scanner later when I get home. Btw that log was after registration. 

Your problem is not related to this thread and a HidScanner log is not needed! Please see your own separate thread.

This one is for P3D crashes on loading, at the Splash Screen, which occur only when FSUIPC5 is registered, and, it seems, only for those folks with no joysticks whatsoever.

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Your problem is not related to this thread and a HidScanner log is not needed! Please see your own separate thread.

This one is for P3D crashes on loading, at the Splash Screen, which occur only when FSUIPC5 is registered, and, it seems, only for those folks with no joysticks whatsoever.

Pete

I'm using a joystick Pete Thrustmaster Hotas X but I've tried with it hooked up and disconnected 

21 minutes ago, Navigation said:

I'm using a joystick Pete Thrustmaster Hotas X but I've tried with it hooked up and disconnected 

So far all the logs I've seen for this problem have shown no joysticks, so it looked the common factor.

So, can you show me you log with the joystick previous connected, please? With the DEbug=Please etc options added to the INI.

BTW I've now tested on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 on Win10 with no joystick devices, and I get no problems. So it isn't something in Win10 specifically.

Pete

3 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Ive tryed with keyboard / mouse installed, and not, I also removed the program for the keyboard / mouse and still no good

None of that should be relevant. In fact the DirectInput function I'm using should only tell me about connected joystick type devices, nothing else.

Pete