The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC5 reg not working

HI Pete,

I know your up to your neck about now.

I downloaded FSUIPC5  and installed it in P3Dv4 input my lic info Reg key, went to run the FS and it errors out. I uninstalled FSUIPC5 and reinstalled with out inputting lic info, and P3Dv4 runs perfect and I can see FSUIPC5 in the addon in the FS. Any ideas????

Thanks

Al

7 hours ago, grapeno1 said:

went to run the FS and it errors out.

What does "errors out" mean? Do you mean it crashes? If so I need information please -- Windows crash data and FSUIPC5.LOG file up to the point it crashes.

There's no way I can help without information!

I uninstalled FSUIPC5 and reinstalled with out inputting lic info, and P3Dv4 runs perfect and I can see FSUIPC5 in the addon in the FS.

Well of course FSUIPC isn't really doing much until you register.

3 hours ago, Navigation said:

I'm having the excact same issue as you with the registration.

He's not having an "issue" with registration. if P3D4 is crashing with FSUIPC actually doing what it is supposed to be doing then there is some conflict or corruption. But I need information -- from you too, please, assuming you don't actually mean you are unable to register.

Pete

I can register it with no problems it's just that when I input my registration key and then launch the sim I get a CTD. If I don't register the product the sim launches no problem. I'll try to get info from event viewer this evening after work. Basically without registering FSUIPC P3D launches and runs fine. Input registration key and the sim crashes 

17 minutes ago, Navigation said:

it's just that when I input my registration key and then launch the sim I get a CTD. If I don't register the product the sim launches no problem.

It isn't a registration problem, though. FSUIPC will be doing a lot more after registration. That's the point of registering! Else it wouldn't be worth buying it, would it?

So your INI is relevant, please, as well as the FSUIPC Log and the Windows crash details.

Pete

Just now, Pete Dowson said:

It isn't a registration problem, though. FSUIPC will be doing a lot more after registration. That's the point of registering! Else it wouldn't be worth buying it, would it?

So your INI is relevant, please, as well as the FSUIPC Log and the Windows crash details.

Pete

Will do this evening thanks 

17 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

I tried to explain it as best as I can, But Navigation explained it better. I'm having the exact same problem as him. I'll just keep following the post, Thanks Pete and Navigation.

Did you try opening the sim connects? I haven't tried that yet as I'm at work but I was thinking about that

I could not find a sim connect at all. I just looked at my install file and this is what it says.

Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC5 section.
... FSUIPC5 section already exists but will be replaced.
... FSUIPC5 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Users\All Users\AppData\Roaming"
 ... No Prepar3D.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Default User\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\defaultuser0\AppData\Roaming"
Looking in "C:\Users\Public\AppData\Roaming"
"Modules\FSUIPC Documents" folder already exists.
   Installed "FSUIPC5 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC5 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "The 2016 List of FSX and P3D Controls.pdf" okay

That is a section of the install file.

9 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Is this what you are looking for Pete,

No. I need the crash details -- the place it crashed at, what sort of error it is, and so on. You get that from Windows Event Manager, Application Logs.

You can cut and paste the data from that. No need dfor a picture. The one you just posted simply tells me what you told me.

Oh, and I also need the FSUIPC5.LOG file, as far as it got, from the P3D Modules folder, and your FSUIPC5.INI file.

Pete

Application Log

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b5
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006d5b8
Faulting process id: 0x1048
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2dd87f96b92a7
Faulting application path: E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 646c1da3-c9ac-4817-a597-8d52ad9810fd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Im not real sure where to find the FSUIPC5.INI file is.

Attached is the FSUIPC5.LOG

FSUIPC5 Install.log

2 minutes ago, grapeno1 said:

Application Log

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.23.21468, time stamp: 0x59279be2
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.0, time stamp: 0x578997b5

FSUIPC5 Install.log

Ok now we're talking 

7 hours ago, Navigation said:

Ok now we're talking 

I still have no FSUIPC5.LOG or FSUIPC5.INI file! The Windows crasgh is NOT in FSUIPC at all.  

7 hours ago, Navigation said:

It says faulty module path 

What does, where?

In the Modules folder, next to FSUIPC5.DLL.  You may see it as "configuration details" if you have Windows set to hide filetypes from you.

If there is no INI file then you have never yet run FSUIPC, registered or unregistered.

No, that is the Install log as it clearly says. The FSUIPC5.LOG is the run-time log, next to fSUIPC5.DLL in the Modules folder. It records what FSUIPC5 is doing when it is running. It may be cabelled as a Text file if you have Windows set to hide filetypes from you.

If theree is no FSUIPC5.LOG file there then, again, FSUIPC5 has not been run, registered or unregistered.

I'm afraid I have no useful information so far.

Pete

Hi,

Application Log

FSUIPC5 Install.log

you will find the FSUIPC5.ini file and the FSUIPC5.log file in your Prepar3D v4 installation folder in the Sub-Folder 'Modules', i.e. ...\Prepar3D v4\Modules\

Thomas

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I still have no FSUIPC5.LOG or FSUIPC5.INI file! The Windows crasgh is NOT in FSUIPC at all.  

What does, where?

In the Modules folder, next to FSUIPC5.DLL.  You may see it as "configuration details" if you have Windows set to hide filetypes from you.

If there is no INI file then you have never yet run FSUIPC, registered or unregistered.

No, that is the Install log as it clearly says. The FSUIPC5.LOG is the run-time log, next to fSUIPC5.DLL in the Modules folder. It records what FSUIPC5 is doing when it is running. It may be cabelled as a Text file if you have Windows set to hide filetypes from you.

If theree is no FSUIPC5.LOG file there then, again, FSUIPC5 has not been run, registered or unregistered.

I'm afraid I have no useful information so far.

Pete

Ok will report back