The simFlight Network Forums

Flight Keeper functionality

flight keeper in P3D v3 worked with flight plans & recording the flight path

in P3D v4 it records flight path but strangely not the flight plan anymore

It also does not record the departure and arrival airport which are tied to any flight plan

Is there something that might be copied over from FSUIPC 4 to 5 to enable this flight plan recording in Flight Keeper

I have the registered version of both FSUIPC 4 & 5

This message being transferred to main forum from a private message from KDN to assist others who may have the same issue --

KDN: I managed to get flight Keeper working on my P3Dv4 system, it wasn't easy, let me you if you want me to share the fix with you

KDN: Why don't you flick me your ini files, I have it fully working over here,I'll try and remember what bits I had to add.

Me: I sent my FSUIPC.ini file and a list of the files in my P3D v4 modules folder

KDN: I think we can get this fixed, lets have a teamviewer session, I need to see a few of the fsuipc and system logs as we open prepar3d. I went through the same process on my system it took me a long time but now I know what I am looking for shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to have it working.

On 20/06/2017 at 8:12 AM, Thomas Richter said:

did you ask maybe first in Flight Keeper forum?

Flight Keeper forum is closed and the email support dried up 18 months ago

Mathijs Kok from Aerosoft said he knows nothing of what happened to further development of Flight Keeper

Will try your idea to see if it works --

The ini file for FSUIPC4 has a lot less lines in it than for FSUIPC5, 1k file size compared to 3k

Are you sure I can lose the data out of the FSUIPC5 file without consequences

Edited by exploremore

1 hour ago, exploremore said:

The ini file for FSUIPC4 has a lot less lines in it than for FSUIPC5, 1k file size compared to 3k

You can just copy over your FSUIPC4.INI file and rename it as FSUIPC5.INI. Nothing is deleted. The default INI has no assignments or calibrations, in any case, and few weather parameters in the [General] section. User weather filtering facilities aren't provided in FSUIPC5.

Pete

Tried this exercise of changing over the FSUIPC.ini but Flight Keeper still not recording the flight path

In P3D v3 flight path is recorded but not in P3D v4 nor is the weather connected, Only the flight path actually flown

KDN, can you please just describe your fix here and I will implement it myself

Or if anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to contribute

36 minutes ago, exploremore said:

Tried this exercise of changing over the FSUIPC.ini but Flight Keeper still not recording the flight path

I don't think FSUIPC INI files have anything to do with FlightKeeper. I suspect FlightKeeper just doesn't recognise the P3D version.

37 minutes ago, exploremore said:

can you please just describe your fix here

What "fix"? I don't use FlightKeeper. Sorry.

Pete

20 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

What "fix"? I don't use FlightKeeper. Sorry

Hi Pete

I was directing my question to a new user by the name of KDN who said he had a solution

The communication was in a private message but I wanted it in the public area so others could benefit

1 hour ago, exploremore said:

Hi Pete

I was directing my question to a new user by the name of KDN who said he had a solution

The communication was in a private message but I wanted it in the public area so others could benefit

Oh, I see. Sorry. Shall I delete the messages after your question, so it is the more prominent, or wil you "bump" it by re-posting?

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 6:30 AM, exploremore said:

in P3D v4 it records flight path but strangely not the flight plan anymore

It also does not record the departure and arrival airport which are tied to any flight plan

Is there something that might be copied over from FSUIPC 4 to 5 to enable this flight plan recording in Flight Keeper

FSUIPC does not and never has supplied any such plan data. It only supplies the name of the currently loaded plan, if one is actually loaded in the Sim.

I don't know where FlightKeeper gets its plan information from. That's what you need to check. Plans are normally in the appropriate Documents folder. Is that where yours are? Are you loading one into P3D before running FlightKeeper?

FlightKeeper may be getting the full pathname to the currently loaded PLN file from the offset in FSUIPC -- offset 0130. Use the Monitor option in the Logging tab in FSUIPC options to log that value as an AsciiZ type, then you can see what FlightKeeper should be loading.

[LATER]

The Monitor log entry for the offset shows only part of the path actually provided -- just the first 32 characters, but it does show the corrent lenght n [] parentheses.

So I think it might just be down to how FlightKeeper gets the Plan.

Pete