The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3d sliders in settings moving back

andrew777

A long time ago my mouse pointer always jumped back to the middle of my screen once I let it go. It drove me crazy so I called MS for support. They asked me for many things and once they ran out of ideas they told me I must re-install Windows. It was more than 10 years ago so without cloud, advanced backup it seemed like a few days of work. In frustration I slammed my hand on my table then the pointer suddenly moved.

I realized the problem was under a pile of paperwork my stylus pen moved over my drawing pad and it overrode my mouse. I simply moved it and the problem was gone. As you can imagine even MS did an awesome job trying to fix it; it was (for them) and impossible task without checking my computer and my work desk.

Vic

Thanks Vic,

Reinstall a computer without having a proper root cause analysis is always a bad idea. Seems trial and error by msft. When a car has a problem, you also not replace a complete engine. With that said I have looked into it and other programs don't have that problem on the same windows instance. 

I will test couple other things and let you know if i find something. 

By the way, did you found something in the log that i have added?

Andrew,

I didn't suggest reinstall, all I wanted to say that at one point support runs of ideas because it is caused by something that it totally out of their reach. I wrote it after I checked your log and there is no indication of this problem.

I would be very surprised if it would not caused by something minor issue that once is find it will all make sense. However I would hate to leave you on your own, please check a few things that you can and get back to me. We will think about it in the meantime too and if we come up with some ideas I will post it here too.

Vic

On 11-8-2017 at 4:16 PM, FeelThere said:

Andrew,

I didn't suggest reinstall, all I wanted to say that at one point support runs of ideas because it is caused by something that it totally out of their reach. I wrote it after I checked your log and there is no indication of this problem.

I would be very surprised if it would not caused by something minor issue that once is find it will all make sense. However I would hate to leave you on your own, please check a few things that you can and get back to me. We will think about it in the meantime too and if we come up with some ideas I will post it here too.

Vic

Thanks again, will check couple other things and let you all know when i found the difference. (-: