The simFlight Network Forums

Button Key press freezing.

Hi Pete, although almost new to this fine software,and even though I am managed to make headway with it something has gone funny. In short all was A OK re general profile  buttons and switches. .Then P3D V4 cfg file was corrupted after a display setting went wrong. This allowed P3D to load but when pressing "OK" to fly it stopped working. That now sorted by my knowledgeable IT guy. But now the buttons and switches are erratic, sometimes work, then stop. Also some panels e.g. GPS suddenly appear without a switch pressed. Downloaded new latest version 5.112 and this installed fine.Axis assignments and calibration all still all OK.

This is a registered version. Any ideas? Uninstall and re-install?

Regards

Charles

2 hours ago, charlesallsop said:

Downloaded new latest version 5.112 and this installed fine.Axis assignments and calibration all still all OK.

Latest version is 5.121a.

2 hours ago, charlesallsop said:

This is a registered version. Any ideas? Uninstall and re-install?

I'm afraid much of what you say sounds like a mix up of assignments.  How many joystick devices are you using? Are you using Joy Letters, so that the assignments can keep track of any changes in connections? Did you disable controllers completely in P3D itself?

Button actions occurring without touching any buttons isn't good. Possibly that is a bad device connection, unless one of your axes iss jittering and somehow that's been assigned to panel selection.

Perhaps a sight of your FSUIPC settings will clarify -- paste in the contents of your FSUIPC5.INI file, from the P3D modules folder.

Pete

Hi Pete, using CH Yoke, Throttle Quadrant and Saitek Rudder pedals. I was also recommended to connect my Saitek panels direct to the motherboard and not via the USB powered hub which I have used with no problems. So thats maybe an issue as I have now changed the USB ports to a different device?

FSUIPC5.ini

Sorry forgot am using Joy Letters, and unticked the option to enable controllers. It seems if I select e.g a button to display the GPS it does not respond, then later it appears and then switches off. I used for most actions "Toggle FD/autofeather/seatbelts/ no smoking  etc . Is that the proper procedure?

22 minutes ago, charlesallsop said:

So thats maybe an issue as I have now changed the USB ports to a different device?

You should change the "AutoAssignLetters=No" to Yes, in the [JoyNames] section so that FSUIPC uses letters, not ID numbers, to assign things. It can then track changes like that.

Is the INI you supplied before or after the change? Because it looks okay, except for this spurious Button assignment:

28=U1,7,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-

which won't do any harm, but I suggest you delete that line in any case.

On the yoke you've assigned some buttons to two functions, "Press" to one and "Release" to another. That's okay if the switch is a toggle on/off latching switch, but otherwise, if it acts like simple momentary buttons, it will cause actions you don't expect.

Otherwise I can't really see anything wrong. I've not checked the Profiles though. These symptoms:

On 9/23/2017 at 9:41 AM, charlesallsop said:

But now the buttons and switches are erratic, sometimes work, then stop. Also some panels e.g. GPS suddenly appear without a switch pressed.

don't make a lot of sense unless there are conflicts, so make doubly sure that you have turned off joystick devices altogether in P3D4 -- do not just de-assign things, as they will likely be re-assigned if it thinks you've connected something different.

If you still have problems you'll need to very specific. Use a default aircraft, and note down exactly what goes wrong -- which button, what results.

For the panels suddenly appearing spontaneously, if that is due to a button going wrong you can determine which by using Button/Key logging 9Loagging Tab). If you enable the Console Log too, and (temporarily) run P3D in Windowed mode (ALT+ENTER) the you can see it logged when it actually happens.

Pete

Hi Pete, my mistake, using numbers not letters so changed that, also checked all button assignments in P3D deleted. Yoke seems to work fine, bit in Throttle Quadrant button for default King Air Prop synch works with allocated button as well as the one for another buttons other function.Then will switch off on its own. If i switch off the L an R starter switches they revert to on. Switch for FD automatically on when flight launches but when switched off stays off.

Deleted the 28=U1,7,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-.

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

28=U1,7,C0,0     -{Custom control: <0>}-

3 hours ago, charlesallsop said:

bit in Throttle Quadrant button for default King Air Prop synch works with allocated button as well as the one for another buttons other function.

Sorry, are you saying one button does two things and you only programmed one of them? Does the Log show this?

Then will switch off on its own.

Is it supposed to or not? Sorry, you do need to give more details, and use the logging to see what is happening, as I suggested. It will show what button presses are seen and what controls are being sent.

If i switch off the L an R starter switches they revert to on.

Same here. I don't know what you've actually programmed nor exactly what you are seeing. That's why logging is useful. It sohws exactly what you do and wghat is programmed and what the result is, in terms of commands to the sim.

According to the previous INI file you posted, the only buttons you programmed for the King Air are:

[Buttons.King Air 350]
0=P0,0,C66297,0     -{TOGGLE_AUTOFEATHER_ARM}-
1=P0,2,C66288,0     -{TOGGLE_FLIGHT_DIRECTOR}-
2=P0,3,C66287,0     -{TOGGLE_PROPELLER_SYNC}-
3=P0,4,C66304,0     -{TOGGLE_ALL_STARTERS}-
4=P0,5,C66069,0     -{YAW_DAMPER_ON}-
5=P0,6,C66718,0     -{CABIN_NO_SMOKING_ALERT_SWITCH_TOGGLE}-
6=P0,7,C67094,0     -{CAMERA_RELATIVE_EYEPOINT_BACK}-

All those on the Quadrant. 

Switch for FD automatically on when flight launches but when switched off stays off.

So, the flight was saved with the FD on.

Pete

Hi Pete, sorry this is all a bit confusing so I went back to options and removed all button allocations in P3D and recheckced controllers not enabled . Then started with default 172 SP to make a fresh start. On the joystick all works fine but on throttle Quad I tried allocating the fuel cut off switch. It workes but switches on and off. Same with switching between L an R and both tanks, swiches fine but then switches back. So I enabled logging and console, only allocated one button to the 172 on Quad for panel lights, and then checked again, continually switches on and off. Console shows this happening.This was with "toggle Panel lights" Then tried Switch 0 panel lights On, Switch 1 panel lights off. Switched the panel lights on and shortly after they switched off. Allocated same to button on Yoke and works fine!

Would a Teanviewer session help? I have now spent about 14 hours doing this over and over (although its a great way to learn!) and would like to move on.

Cheers!

Charles

Hi,

Then started with default 172 SP to make a fresh start.

that is already not a fresh start as there is no C172 in P3D at all, Default AC's in P3Dv4 , must be already some type of add-on. Best is to use a real default AC to start with, also make sure you don't have automatics like AutoMixture turned off.

Still you never send a log file as requested?

Thomas

On 10/1/2017 at 7:07 AM, charlesallsop said:

So I enabled logging and console, only allocated one button to the 172 on Quad for panel lights, and then checked again, continually switches on and off. Console shows this happening.This was with "toggle Panel lights" Then tried Switch 0 panel lights On, Switch 1 panel lights off. Switched the panel lights on and shortly after they switched off. 

Check that you do not have "repeat" selected in the button assignment.

It is a pity that you show no log of these things. If you really want to keep it to yourself, then check it properly. Does it show that the button press/release has been detected for each control event sent (for this you need both Button/key and Event logging enabled). If so then it is the device or its connection at fault. FSUIPC cannot "invent" button press/release events.

Allocated same to button on Yoke and works fine!

So, that proves it isn't FSUIPC but your device or its connection, assuming your method of assignment (repeat off) is the same.

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your patience, I had ported some AC over from FSX so sorry my mistake. I tried on Maule, Mooney and Rob 22, just the one button for panel lights and checked repeat off. But still switches on its own. Sorry not quiet sure about the logging, is this a file I can forward to you? I think its this one?

FSUIPC5.log

Sorry not quiet sure about the logging, is this a file I can forward to you? I think its this one?

Yes.

I assume this is one of the buttons in question?

823265 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
823265 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0

and assigned to this control:

823265 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE

This section:

823265 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   823265 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   823265 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   823312 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   824734 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   824734 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   824734 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   824765 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   831234 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   831234 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   831234 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   831343 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released

848828 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 32 secs = 93.8 fps
   848828    Max AI traffic was 0 aircraft

938890 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   938890 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   938890 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   938906 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   939234 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   939234 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   939234 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   939312 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   941578 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=1 (B), Btn=9, Pressed

shows  that button being pressed and released 3 times, each time sending the correct Toggle control, but with more that one second (6 in one case) between each, before it looks like you went into a menu ("Sim stopped"), then pressed it twice more, bith times with the correct result, but with only about 1/3rd second gap.

Not sure what you were doing, so only you can decide if that is right. but certainly FSUIPC is doing the right thing.

There's a similar sequence later:

969500 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   969500 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   969500 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   969515 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   981375 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   981375 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   981375 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   981640 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   983906 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   983906 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   983906 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   984140 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   984515 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   984515 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   984515 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   984578 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   985890 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   985890 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   985890 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   985922 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   993453 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   993453 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   993453 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   993687 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
   996625 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Pressed
   996625 [Buttons] 33=PA,0,C65750,0
   996625 FS Control Sent: Ctrl=65750, Param=0 PANEL_LIGHTS_TOGGLE
   996687 Button changed: bRef=0, Joy=0 (A), Btn=0, Released
  1009156 Sim stopped: average frame rate for last 73 secs = 89.8 fps

but again each press/release sequence generates the one Panel_Lights_Toggle control being sent.

So FSUIPC is doing exactly what you programmed it to do.

There are probably many more examples throught that very long long. I'm not sure what you were trying to show or provide making it so long. A short test pressing and releasing the button once then grabbing the log would have done just as well.

Pete

1 hour ago, charlesallsop said:

Pete this is what I did now, loaded flight and switched on avionics and then just left it. Then the other switches as became active without toching them.

FSUIPC5.log

Please update to the currently supported version of FSUIPC, 5.121b.

The Log AGAIN shows FSUIPC doing exactly what it should be doing!  If switches are operating without you doing anything then you have some very bad connections or equipment. FSUIPC is receiving the signals from the USB device!

You have already stated that things are okay on your other device, so why is it you still refuse to believe that your hardware connection/ device is bad?

Pete

On the contrary that is exactly what I suspected! So I thought lets do a swap with another device.But suddenly I saw the word connection in your mail; so as a quick test re-checked all connections, moved the TQ to a new location, then after backing up deleted  the Upper Filters and Lower Filters Registry Values. SOLVED!!! At last I can now fly instead of fiddle. But all the time spent has helped me learn a lot about the software. Perhaps one day I will dig into the Advanced manual.

Thanks again for all the help!

Charles