The simFlight Network Forums

Saitek 2nd Throttle configuration in FSUIPC

Hi,

This is my first time on the site so please forgive us. I have tried searching for a solution first but a suggested one of installing Joyid did not work.

My son and I have recently started within Flight Sim community (he wants to be a Commercial Pilot) and I have bought the Saitek Stack (Yoke, Two Throttle Quadrants and Radio, Switch stack)

Now, I have also bought the PDMG 737 previously for FSX and today the FSUIPC (ver 4.72) & WideFS. I have tried to configure the Throttle stack by looking at youtube FSUIPC videos etc 

We have both FSX-Steam and Prepar3d (bought in Nov 2017) and would like to eventually  run aircraft in both with the same Saitek Yoke & Throttles etc.

We want to be able to set the Throttle quadrants to run the PDMG 737 aircraft initially.

1) 1rst Throttle quadrant has a USB connection

2) 2nd Throttle quadrant has a PS2 connection which connects into the Saitek Yoke

Now the problem is that when in FSUIPC we can see all the lever axis settings for Throttle 1 (USB) but not Throttle 2 (PS/2).

Anyone have any steps or video that we can use to setup. Or even a configuration file we can use.

Many Thanks for your help

BPCY

Hi,

Now the problem is that when in FSUIPC we can see all the lever axis settings for Throttle 1 (USB) but not Throttle 2 (PS/2).

First question at all; are all axis of the Throttle-2 (PS/2) seen in windows controller setup?

FSUIPC can only see Controllers/ Joysticks Buttons and Axes that Windows itself does see.

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Yes, Inside Game Contoller it shows

Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals   OK

Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant   OK

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke  OK

I selected the Throttle and properties button and a graph is shown.

I moved the PS2 Throttle and it  moves on the X-axis. middle lever moves Y-Axis and right lever moves Z axis

Also all buttons work in Reversers section

The Left Saitek throttle set works in the Saitek Yoke properties with the left lever on the Z Axis, middle lever on X Rotation and right lever on the Y rotation and each button on left thrtle works on Toggles section 15 - 20.

Variuos buttons on the yoke work ok as well.

So how do I map these into FSUIPC application?

Thanks for your help

BPCY

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I have previously been running with just the Saitek Yoke and 1 Saitek throttle successfully.

I am only now trying to get a 2nd throttle running because my son wants it to look more authentic.

I personally am new to Flight sim world.

Thanks

BPCY

Normally you get a CD with a driver software delivered. This might 'map' buttons they physically don't exist as controller buttons and uses maybe a virtual controller for additional axes. FSUIPC cannot see those mapped buttons or virtual axes, as long it is not a real virtual controller.

Just check there is no Saitek software installed/ running.

Please also send this files, attached or zipped:

FSUIPC5 Install.log
FSUIPC5.ini
FSUIPC5.log
FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

Thomas

Well I did have a CD and installed it and it was running fine with one Throttle set.

Control and devices is picking the switches and levers up as when I went it the properties as per last post etc.

I don't have FSUIPC5 I have FSUIPC4 as that's what simmarket said was for both FSX steam and p3d

Uploading only log file created

Thanks

BPCY

FSUIPC4 Install.log

• 3 weeks later...

really struggling to get Spoilers and flaps configured with PDMG 737NGX on MS FSX Steam addition with two Saitek throttle quadrants.

Seems to set them in the reverse direction. When I move flap fully up it registers on screen as fully up and as I move flap down it moves wrong way. Same with Spoiler.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

BPCY

43 minutes ago, BPCY said:

really struggling to get Spoilers and flaps configured with PDMG 737NGX on MS FSX Steam addition with two Saitek throttle quadrants.

Seems to set them in the reverse direction. When I move flap fully up it registers on screen as fully up and as I move flap down it moves wrong way. Same with Spoiler.

If you are using FSUIPC assignment and calibration, just set the REV option on the calibration entry. But first press "Reset" for that entry, and re-calibrate after setting REV.

If you are using FSX-SE's assignments, check the reverse option there.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks but I'm a newbie.

I setup everything I think to create a profile PDMG and set it to "send direct to FSUIPC setup" on the Axis tab.

I then move the flap lever (setup on the right lever of the ps2 throttle quadrant) and it say joy# 2 Y Axis H but all the delta in and out are -12223 but I cannot find a REV on screen.

What should I be setting?

Thanks 

Bpcy

57 minutes ago, BPCY said:

I setup everything I think to create a profile PDMG and set it to "send direct to FSUIPC setup" on the Axis tab.

Okay, except that it's to "FSUIPC calibration".

58 minutes ago, BPCY said:

I then move the flap lever (setup on the right lever of the ps2 throttle quadrant) and it say joy# 2 Y Axis H but all the delta in and out are -12223 but I cannot find a REV on screen.

There's a "Joystick Calibration" tab.  Please do look for it!  And look in the User Guide as well, please -- there's a whole chapter on it, as there is for the Assignments you've already used.

Calibration is the process whereby you match what your axes supply with what the Flight Sim needs. That is probably the single most important part of what FSUIPC offers! (Also the oldest and most original user facility, well before "assignment" was added).

Really, the User Guide the first place to look for guidance especially for a self-professed "newbie" ;-)

i'm sure you'll get it sorted. It idn't really hard -- just a matter of making use of the tools provided.

Pete

Hi Peter,

Apologies but there was no User Guide that came with the install.

The files in the directory are:

FSUIPC 4.972 Changes.pdf

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.zip

Install FSUIPC4.exe

Installing and Registering FSUIPC4.pdf

I selected FSUIPC4 because I have FSX Steam and P3d and the option suggested this was best if you had both.

where can I get the user manual?

Thanks

BPCY

17 minutes ago, BPCY said:

Apologies but there was no User Guide that came with the install.

All the documentation is in the "FSUIPC Documents" subfolder, within the Modules folder, not in the Modules folder itself. There are manuals, exmples, all sorts of useful things.

The files in the directory are:

FSUIPC 4.972 Changes.pdf

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.zip

Install FSUIPC4.exe

Installing and Registering FSUIPC4.pdf

That's the downloaded package and its unzipped contents. None of those files are anything to do with actually running FSUIPC, only installing it.  Please read the "Installing ..." document. It does actually tell you where things are AFTER you run the Installer EXE!

I selected FSUIPC4 because I have FSX Steam and P3d and the option suggested this was best if you had both.

Well, FSUIPC4 is the only version of FSUIPC which can be used with FSX and P3D2 or P3D3.
FSUIPC3 is for FS9 and earlier (all the way back to FS98).
FSUIPC5 is for use with P3D4. These are 64-bit programs, not 32-bit like the others.

And FSUIPC 4.972 is out of date. you need to download and install 4.974.

Pete

Oh sorry so its in the FSX Modules folder - Sorry I have an impatient teenager rushing me!

I'm used to the old fsx where I just plug in and go with the yoke & throttles. Its my son who wants the dual throttles but does not want to do any work to set it up!

Where can I get 4.974 for fsx and p3d?

Can I just install the new version or do I need to uninstall 4.972 first?

Do I need to pay again?

Thanks

BPCY

23 minutes ago, BPCY said:

Where can I get 4.974 for fsx and p3d?

Wherever you got 4.972. It is the only version currently available. (There are always two places for FSUIPC -- www.schiratti.com/dowson, or the Download Links subforum above.

25 minutes ago, BPCY said:

Can I just install the new version or do I need to uninstall 4.972 first?

You never need to uninstall.

25 minutes ago, BPCY said:

Do I need to pay again?

No. All updates are included, and actually required if you want continuing support, as old versions are not supported.

Pete