The simFlight Network Forums

Popping Sound

JKawai

Using FT EJets for P3D v4.

When the engines are spooled up, there is a slight popping sound as the sound file loops. I've had this on other aircraft too in the past 15 years of simming and can't remember what the solution was if any - can anybody advise?

Audible with headphones.

Thanks

On 2/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

Jk, is this audible only with headphones?

Ariel

Well only because headphones are a higher quality source of audio than my speakers. It's not the headphones - has only ever happened on Flight Sim with various aircraft and I did solve it once years ago but can't remember how. 

On 2/20/2018 at 5:13 PM, FeelThere Ariel said:

But is it audible on speakers too (at least very slightly)? If it is not, then it is likely some driver error. 

I'm afraid I haven't got speakers high quality enough to deliver that level of detail (my headphones are Sennheiser 595s, my speakers were £5). Also both are running out of the same 3.5mm jack anyway so yes it will be coming out of the speakers and as I say it's happened before on a totally different system. 

https://nofile.io/f/4QSh9049uyz/FINAL.mp3

please listen to this file.

it turns out it's not actually rhythmic (although it usually is) - in this recording it's random but frequent. Also at the minute mark you can hear that it disappears as I change to external views which means it is a problem with the internal sounds.

I've tried it on three different audio outputs and despite what I said I can actually hear it even worse on my cheap speakers!

• 2 weeks later...