The simFlight Network Forums

36 minutes ago, Pstlpete said:

Add 5.124 to start, P3D goes to Scenario setup. Start P3D, it loads, then just disappears, no error messaging, no nothing, just disappears.

I think there's either a corrupt .wx file (in your P3D4 Documents folder) or your wxstationlist.bin file is corrupted. You can delete the latter (it's in your user AppData\Roaming P3D4 folder) -- P3D will make another. You can also dispense with the .WX files if you use a weather add-on program. Else try just moving them all out of that folder as a test.

Pete

6 hours ago, Pstlpete said:

Got rid of all the .*wx files

Don't forget the wxstationlist.bin file.

The log is different this time.  Looks like it ran in flight mode for 20 seconds before you went to the menus.

You said you had no other add-ons. Which 767 is that you are loading? Isn't that an add-on? Is it fully P3D4 compatible?

Otherwise I think there's something else corrupted in your P3D4 installation. Run the Windows "Event Viewer", see what crash reports are listed for P3D4. You need the information from those, particularly the module name and offset within it.

Also please rename your FSUIPC5.INI file (in the Modules folder) so that a new default one is generated, and try again.

Pete

Started the sim & changed to a native a/c, the Beechcraft 350. Exited the sim.

Deleted the wxstationlist.bin file & all other wx file from the last startup.

The 767 loaded was an older SkySpirit2010 - Boeing 767-3P6/ER. 

I did look at the event view but no error event recorded for p3d. As I mentioned, it just disappears

Loaded the default scenario with the Beech 350 & was able to fly & land without incident.

Ended the scenario and reset with a new scenario with the 767 a/c, got the same disappearing act.

Must be the old a/c.

Thanx for all your help.

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.log

4 hours ago, Pstlpete said:

Ended the scenario and reset with a new scenario with the 767 a/c, got the same disappearing act.

Must be the old a/c.

Yes. The problem will probably be in the Gauge code, which is probably written and compiled in 32-bit mode. You cannot run 32-bit code in a 64-bit process.

Pete

Ran 4.2 and now it disappears with a stock a/c. (Beech 350) Went thru all the steps we did before with no joy.. P3D just disappears with no error output

The 767 a/c ran fine with v4.1 & fsuipc, iI think it was .122

I am at a loss here, thinking about going back to 4.1

FSUIPC5.log

32 minutes ago, Pstlpete said:

Ran 4.2 and now it disappears with a stock a/c. (Beech 350) Went thru all the steps we did before with no joy.. P3D just disappears with no error output

You definitely have something seriously wrong with your P3D4 installation. There are very many users quite happily using it with 5.124. Earlier versions had problems with 4.2, for sure, but they are most certainly all fixxed in 5.124.

If it isn't P3D4 itelf it must be some other add-on or add-in. Please find both DLL.XML file and both EXE.XML files (there may only be one of each, or even none of EXE.XML) and show me. One set will be in your user Appdata\Roaming P3D4 folder and other in the ProgrmData P3D4 folder. 

There may also be addons loaded by Addons.xml files. Do you have any in your Documents P3D4 add-ons folder? If so, try renaming the folder, temporarily, to see if it helped.

BTW even if it "disappears without trace", Windows often records the reason. Please use Event Viewer and see it did. I'd need the details. Without those, even if it was FSUIPC, I've got no chance of locating it.

Pete

Pete, no addon besides ORBX which really isn't an addon. I reinstalled the client, still the same. Using a stock a/c. Dbl checked security setting. pass thru allowed for 3.4 & 4.2

no error events logged. p3d window just disappears

6 hours ago, Pstlpete said:

no error events logged. p3d window just disappears

This problem seems to be unique to you, so it simply must be related to something in your specific system.

According to that last file you attached, it's actually a hang, not a crash, which is why you get no crash report. A hang is rather different.

I still need to see the DLL.XMLs and EXE.XMLs.

When you updated to P3D4.2 did you do a full install? There are known problems if you don't also install at least the Content. It is also wise to delete previously generated P3D files -- you can do that by executing "Delete Generated Files" which you'll find in the main P3D folder. You'll need to run FTX Central again afterwards to get its changes re-installed, but otherwise P3D will make everything else afresh.

[LATER]

One thing you can try in FSUIPC is to set "UsePDK=No" into the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file. Or change "Yes" to "No" if it is already there.

Also, try renaming your FSUIPC5.INI file so a new default one is produced.

And could you attach the FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv file, please? (ZIP it if the Forum doesn't like that filetype).

Pete

Pete,
I'm sure that it's something in my system. I'm also sure that it's probably something dumb that could easily be overlooked. I have been messing with FlightSims since the early 1980's & if a problem arises it's usually something dumb.

dll & exe.xml's attached

V4.1 was completely uninstalled & 4.2 was a clean install. "Delete Generated Files" was done.

"UsePDK=No" was not included in the .ini. I have now placed that into the .ini file. I will disable the .ini file so a new one is generated & & place the UsePDK=No statement if it again not present.

"FSUIPC5.Joyscan.csv" attached as requested.

dll.xml

exe.xml

FSUIPC5.JoyScan.csv

3 hours ago, Pstlpete said:

"UsePDK=No" was not included in the .ini.

I know. I wouldn't have been. That was actually the point -- if it was already there you'd not change anything by adding it! ;-)

(I actually said "One thing you can try in FSUIPC is to set "UsePDK=No" into the [General] section of the FSUIPC5.INI file. Or change "Yes" to "No" if it is already there.")

As Thomas said, those were only half the DLLs.  As I said: "Please find both DLL.XML files and both EXE.XML files (there may only be one of each, or even none of EXE.XML) and show me. One set will be in your user Appdata\Roaming P3D4 folder and other in the ProgrmData P3D4 folder. 

The Joyscan file shows nothing untoward. Just the single device, your Logitech Extreme 3D. I don't expect that could cause a hang, though FSUIPC will of course be scanning it, but eliminating that might be something to try further down the road.

Pete

Sorry for not getting back to you yesterday.

Here's what I did FYI. When I upgraded to p3d v4.2 it was an uninstall of 4.1 & an install of 4.2. Since that time I had unistalled & reinstalled the client probably 4x. The last time giving me no joy. Then on Saturday I did a complete uninstall of 4.2 & then a complete reinstall of 4.2. Test flight with nothing else loaded from Los Angeles to San Diego. Flight was fine. Next test flight, San Diego to Los Angeles with FSUIPC 124 loaded. Again, a good flight. Today, flight from Los Angeles to Chicago with FSUIPC, Radar Contact & REX loaded. A 4.2 hour flight where everything worked as it should. That last complete uninstall / reinstall must have gotten rid of the "gremlin" I even flew the last flight with the old 767 we talked about earlier. So go figure.

I would certainly like to express my appreciation for being patient with me & a special thanks for all that you do for the Flight Sim community.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Pete

4 hours ago, Pstlpete said:

That last complete uninstall / reinstall must have gotten rid of the "gremlin" I even flew the last flight with the old 767 we talked about earlier. So go figure.

Must have been some sort of ocrruption in the 4.2 installations, somewhere. I'm glad it is now resolved!

Pete