The simFlight Network Forums

Button asignment PMDGB737 P3D v4.2

I have used Fsuipc for many years, with no problems except that the slopes in the calibration page never has showed up. Some days ago I upgradet  P3D to v4.2; and after the upgrade I I got problems with the rudder after upgrading Fsuipc to v 5.124. To solve the problem I had to delete Fsuipc and install it again. Then I also lost all my assignment on my Saitek throttles. I have restored most of it, but I am not able to assign the  Engine start levers/ Fuel cut off levers  in the PMDG B737, to buttons on the throttle as I had it before. I  have tried using the Button and switches page in Fsuipc. When I press the selected keys after pressing Set, nothing happens. The combination I want to press is «shift+ctrl+F1». It is a long time since I assigned these buttons last, so I don’t remember what I did. I have  a bluetooth wireless keybord now and I wander if that can be the problem. I hope someone can help me sort this out.

1 hour ago, Adaniel said:

I got problems with the rudder after upgrading Fsuipc to v 5.124. To solve the problem I had to delete Fsuipc and install it again.

Deleting the DLL and installing the same one again cannot make a difference. Maybe you mean you deleted everything including all your settings? Not a good idea really. Best to find out what is wrong and fix that.

1 hour ago, Adaniel said:

I am not able to assign the  Engine start levers/ Fuel cut off levers  in the PMDG B737, to buttons on the throttle as I had it before. I  have tried using the Button and switches page in Fsuipc. When I press the selected keys after pressing Set, nothing happens.

Apart from PMDG's own controls (assigned as <custom controls> in FSUIPC), as mentioned by Thomas, the usual way (for most jet aircraft -- not sure about PMDG ones) is to assign "Cut Off" to the "Mixture lean" control and "Idle" to the "Mixture rich"  control.  With P3D default keyboard assignments those are Ctl+Shft+F1 and Ctl+Shft+F4 respectively. Try those with the PMDG aircraft. If they don't work then you'll need to use PMDG controls or shortcuts.

I don't really know what you mean by "When I press the selected keys after pressing Set, nothing happens."  Are you saying no key names appear in the little box above? Otherwise I don't know how to interpret it. 

But, in any case, as I said above, you'd be better off using the controls which P3D assigns to those keypresses rather than the keypresses themselves.

Pete

Thank you for the quick responce and advise.I will try it out later today.

Yes, I choose to delete the whole Fsuipc installation, after trying to fix it first by going back to the version I had before, and then by installing v 5.124 again, but with no luck.

On the Button and switches page, I select the button, press set and then press keys as shift, ctrl or F1,nothing show up inthe little box. If I press a or k it shows up, but if I press a+k only the first letter shows up.

Do you have an explanation why I don’t see the slopes when I calibrate axis?

12 minutes ago, Adaniel said:

On the Button and switches page, I select the button, press set and then press keys as shift, ctrl or F1,nothing show up inthe little box. If I press a or k it shows up, but if I press a+k only the first letter shows up.

You need to press them together -- i.e Ctrl+Shft+F1. As you would for the Sim or anything else needing combinations. The message doesn't arrive otherwise --the F1 or a main (non-shift) key is required to get the proper message which FSUIPC can intercept. The Shift keys are just flags which arrive with the message.

And only one 'normal' key can be part of the entry. One, so "a+k" is just "a".

17 minutes ago, Adaniel said:

Do you have an explanation why I don’t see the slopes when I calibrate axis?

Which control are you calibrating? Do you mean there's no Slope button?

Pete

The slope button is there, but I don’t see any slopes. I can change the numbers , but  the line which should show the different slopes are never visible. I have assigned elevator, ailerons ,  rudder and brakes.

42 minutes ago, Adaniel said:

The slope button is there, but I don’t see any slopes. I can change the numbers , but  the line which should show the different slopes are never visible.

That's very strange. They are just simple bitmaps. Can you show me a picture?

Pete

I have used som hours today reading,following your advices and trying to find out how to assign startup levers and fuel cutoff levers, and I finally was able to do it with FSUIPC.:-) What caused all my trubble was my new wireless keybord. When I changes back to my old wired keybord, it was no problem assigning keybord commands to the buttons in the Button and Swiches page.. 
I tried to enclose a screenshot showing the empty slope box but its size 0,2MB was not allowed to upload to the forum. 
Once again thank you for taking time to help me.

2 hours ago, Adaniel said:

I tried to enclose a screenshot showing the empty slope box but its size 0,2MB was not allowed to upload to the forum. 

Send as email attachment, to petedowson@btconnect.com. Don't forget to stsate this thread's title.

And please try both full screen and Windowed mode. Also tell me what video driver you are using, and its version number.

Pete