The simFlight Network Forums

Multiple USB Interface boards

Hi,

Im trying to convert an old Flight Sim Console to use with P3D V4. I need more than 32 buttons. Is it possible for me to use 2 of Leo Bodnar's 32 button boards and configure using FSUIPC?

I have succesfully programmed many buttons on one board but when i then connect the other board FSUIPC is just assigning the previous button numbers 1-32. Is there a way of doing this?

Thank you

Hi,

there is no problem with that but FSUIPC does only see 32 buttons per controller.

In FSUIPC5.ini file change this line to Yes
[JoyNames]
AutoAssignLetters=Yes

When you have the first controller setup in FSUIPC the second controller cannot be connected to the same USB port as when the Bodnar bords don't have different names they are seen as the same. So make sure you have both Bodnar boards connected.

Also make sure you use latest FSUIPC5 version, FSUIPC5.124a, from download section.

Thomas

Ok thought that was going to be too easy! I did as you said and changed the  .ini file. I then plugged both boards in to seperate USB ports. I’m not getting a letter in joystick box and when I push a button I get a number as before but obviously I presume matched to this new joystick device? However the same happens now on my original controller too. I thought that would have stayed at 1?? Anyway I then changed the .ini file back to NO thinking all would go back to original but no that’s now showing a letter and I’ve lost my original settings!

Could you maybe tell me where I’ve gone wrong or a simple talk through on the method again?

thanks

2 hours ago, ridgeskimmer said:

... changed the  .ini file. I then plugged both boards in to seperate USB ports

Ouch! I hope you ran the Sim between those two actions! The change to the INI file will re-do all your assignments to use the letters. THEN you can change joystick connections

However the same happens now on my original controller too.

When you use Joystick Letters then letters are used for ALL joysticks. Otherwise your #1 for your "original controller" could be re-assigned by Windows to another device! The whole point of using the letters is so that FSUIPC can keep track of the devices should the nmumbers change, as they will if you move them or sometimes boot without them -- or if you make substantail changes to Windows, like a significant update.

Could you maybe tell me where I’ve gone wrong or a simple talk through on the method again?

All you needed to do was set that Auto parameter to Yes and run the Sim! FSUIPC would automatically assign the letters and re-do all your assignments to match, a one-off exercise done automatically on yor behalf.

That has now happened but, because you changed the connections in between, the devices are probably not the correct way round!  So you need to edit the [JoyNames] section in the INI and change the letters there to match the correct devices.

Pete