The simFlight Network Forums

Limit rudder movement

Hi, 

I'm flying FSLabs and my rudder is a bit sensitive, I set one axis in FSUIPC of my gamepad to be the rudder, I wonder if it is possible to limit the rudder movement in order to descrease the sensitivity ?

I already tried to use Filter with Scope (Curve) but still quite sensitive for me

Thanks

Hi,

1 hour ago, hkhoanguyen said:

I already tried to use Filter with Scope (Curve) but still quite sensitive for me

that means you calibrated in FSUIPC the axis? If so you can manually change the the calibration to higher values your control will never reach.

I.e. when calibrated in FSUIPC you will a line like this in FSUIPC INI file
Rudder=-16384,-512,512,16383/24
Now to make it less sensitive you increase the end values to make sure the controller axis cannot reach it and you have more control over a smaller range, i.e.
Rudder=-25384,-512,512,25383/24

Thomas

On 13/04/2018 at 7:00 PM, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

that means you calibrated in FSUIPC the axis? If so you can manually change the the calibration to higher values your control will never reach.

Now to make it less sensitive you increase the end values to make sure the controller axis cannot reach it and you have more control over a smaller range, i.e.

Thomas

Thanks Thomas, 

I will try tonight,

• 11 months later...
On 4/13/2018 at 7:00 PM, Thomas Richter said:

Hi,

Thomas

Hi Thomas,

is there any other smaller value than 25384 ? how to know which value to set it ? 

thanks

5 minutes ago, hkhoanguyen said:

is there any other smaller value than 25384 ? how to know which value to set it ? 

Any value you like. For less sensitivity you need more than the 16383, that's all.  You'd need to try values to suit yourself. Just be sure that the lowest value (the negative one0 is the same, but negative.

Generally it is better to use the Slope option in calibration, however. Just use the ones which flatten in the centre (horizontally,  not vertically).

But really a well-designed add-on aircraft should work properly with standard calibration. If your FSLabs aircraft needs the sort of rudder fiddling you are wanting, then something must be wrong with it. Have you visited their Support Forum?

Pete