The simFlight Network Forums

Creating schedules

dan_b

I've just started working on my first schedule, (JFK June 4)

I'm noticing some flights not showing up when testing even after checking terminal and Real Color listing.

Is there something I might be doing wrong or is it simply a case of too many flights for the game to handle?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 hour ago, dan_b said:

I've just started working on my first schedule, (JFK June 4)

I'm noticing some flights not showing up when testing even after checking terminal and Real Color listing.

Is there something I might be doing wrong or is it simply a case of too many flights for the game to handle?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

probably too many flights and not enough gates.-.did you check the terminals if your airline is listed? i had the same with san francisco..some flights delayed different time arrived cuz of the gates...but its loading always to 1oo percent? 

If you see "no free terminal" messages in your log file after a session that means not enough gates. Since the game engine loads 8 hours of flights, the "no free terminal" message is a byproduct.

The only solution is to run the session using a schedule that only contains 2-3 hours worth of flights. I've been doing this since Tower!2011 and other schedule creators have now joined the bandwagon.

I changed a few actual aircraft to match color.  approx 95%+ of actual traffic

Cargo is annoying.  Anyone figure out what do with flights like Luftansa or Korean air cargo for parking?

On 6/7/2018 at 4:18 AM, dan_b said:

I changed a few actual aircraft to match color.  approx 95%+ of actual traffic

Cargo is annoying.  Anyone figure out what do with flights like Luftansa or Korean air cargo for parking?

Even though not strictly accurate, i have added new airlines in the airline text file to represent the cargo versions eg DLX, L0, LUFTHANSA CARGO, Lufthansa German Airlines, Germany

You can then send them to the respective cargo terminal(s) at each airport

Of course the downside is no livery 😞