The simFlight Network Forums

C/O Button or IAS Mach Button not Working

6 hours ago, zuby said:

How do i program C/O or IAS Mach Button with joystick...I did not find any offest or option in fsuipc to program that button

I'm not sure. did you try using FSUIPC's Logging to find out? (Logging tab, enable Event logging then OK out. Operate the button and see what is logged in the FSUIPC LOG file).

Looking down the assignment dropdowns the most likely candidates seem to be AP MACH ON and AP MACH OFF, or possibly AP PANEL MACH ON and OFF.  Of course with add-on aircraft it may be completely different in any case.

I suspect those controls actually enable or disable the AT speed control as well as operating the C/O. In fact I seem to remember from my days with FS98, using default aircraft, the MACH/IAS changeover could only be done by setting the speed control to one or the other. So you might need to set it ON the OFF, or vice versa.

All my use of an MCP with the C/O button for many years has been with add-on systems like Project Magenta and, more recently, ProSim. If you are using an add-on aircraft like one of the PMDG ones they will likely have their own subsystems for this.

Pete

On 6/24/2018 at 11:53 AM, aua668 said:

Hi,

Simulator, aircraft, etc. ?!?

Without any information you won't get an answer.

Rgds

Reinhard

Thanks aua668 for your response.
it's a fsx aircraft, not pmdg.

Thanks Pete for your response.

On 6/24/2018 at 3:24 PM, Pete Dowson said:

I'm not sure. did you try using FSUIPC's Logging to find out? (Logging tab, enable Event logging then OK out. Operate the button and see what is logged in the FSUIPC LOG file).

I enabled logging..now i'm receiving 

*** EVENT: Cntrl= 65860 (0x00010144), Param= 0 (0x00000000) AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM
*** EVENT: Cntrl= 65891 (0x00010163), Param= 1 (0x00000001) AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD
*** EVENT: Cntrl= 65918 (0x0001017e), Param= 0 (0x00000000) AP_MACH_HOLD

as you can see in logged, first i turn on AUTO_THROTTLE_ARM, in 2nd line  i press speed hold switch AP_PANEL_SPEED_HOLD, in 3rd i press C/O button. All I did in virtual cockpit by mouse. or without joystick. also C/O button working fine it's changing airspeed display value into decimal point.

when i assign AP_MACH_HOLD to a joystick's button it does not change airspeed values into decimal point. I don't know why?

All my use of an MCP with the C/O button for many years has been with add-on systems like Project Magenta and, more recently, ProSim. If you are using an add-on aircraft like one of the PMDG ones they will likely have their own subsystems for this.

I'm not using PMDG add-on.

Thanks.

54 minutes ago, zuby said:

when i assign AP_MACH_HOLD to a joystick's button it does not change airspeed values into decimal point. I don't know why?

Nor do I, but I seem to recall that this was a problem with FS dating way back. tell me, did you Arm the A/T and enable Speed Hold first? They may be dependencies for this.

Have you asked in the AVSIM FSX support forum?

Pete

Thanks Pete

5 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Nor do I, but I seem to recall that this was a problem with FS dating way back.

I did not know about that problem. thanks.

7 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

tell me, did you Arm the A/T and enable Speed Hold first?

Yes, I armed A/T First then enable Speed Hold.

9 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Have you asked in the AVSIM FSX support forum?

No, could tell me? is there a solution for that problem?

19 minutes ago, spokes2112 said:

He posted over at Avsim, it's another case of Microsoft using custom code for the mach/speed/co buttons.
Not only did they use L:vars but also G:vars!! That means lua is not available unless the AP is recoded slightly.
Just FYI

Thank you!

Pete