The simFlight Network Forums

KLAS separation error

Dash Driver

I am trying to understand separation errors at KLAS for the following configuration: landing RWY 1L and 8R. Departing RWY 8L at A8 or D. It seems I get dinged (-500) when A/C is on 8L at D or A8 and another A/C is landing (on taxi roll-out) on 1L. Has anyone else experienced this or could explain to me why that would be a penalty? Thank you in advance.

9 minutes ago, Dash Driver said:

I am trying to understand separation errors at KLAS for the following configuration: landing RWY 1L and 8R. Departing RWY 8L at A8 or D. It seems I get dinged (-500) when A/C is on 8L at D or A8 and another A/C is landing (on taxi roll-out) on 1L. Has anyone else experienced this or could explain to me why that would be a penalty? Thank you in advance.

The runway is active and intersects.  It’s a fault of the developers when the game was built (not only at LAS).  They have already said they will not fix it.  Going to have to wait for the next version.  Same thing happens at LaGuardia and San fran

Dash Driver,

That happened to me at KBOS and I didn't understand why either until i learned it was a bug. Just a bit of info on how you can get around the bug if you want to. 

You can have a plane "line up and wait" on 8L @ A8, then wait for the arrival to land, once he crosses 8L you can then issue a "cleared for takeoff" to 8L as long as you can get him off the ground BEFORE the next plane lands.  You will only get -500 if the plane on 8L is moving and still on the ground when the arrival lands. So you have to watch what plane is departing and how close is the next arrival. if in doubt just wait for the next 'gap'.  It's a pain but it works. ATControl-Joe called it "shooting the gap" and it is not he most fun way to play but it does work.

DO NOT do this on 8L at full length.  When you tell a plane to "line up and wait" full length on 8L, HE IS ON 1L. Then the landing plane will cost you -1000 points for a collision.

Good luck

Peabody