The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Causing problem with P3D v4.3 and Windows

I installed the latest Windows update after that I installed the new FSUIPC5 Windows crashed and uninstalled FSUIPC5 I reinstalled it and started P3D everything looked ok.

But all my controls were set to a totally different setup unable to fly till I reset all my Joystick functions and Throttle functions. FSUIPC shows up in the add-on.

Checked the FSUIPC log all looks ok no faults?

Next time I start P3D v4.3 all the setting changed again and Windows was acting strangely.

Removed all FSUIPC files everything is working normally.

My dilemma is that I also use Aivlasoft Electronic Flight Bag v2 which requires FSUIPC

I have no idea what the problem is. If you want me to reinstall FSUIPC5 and send you the log file I can.

Any help would be appreciate. I have idea where to go to next?

Ninemile

10 hours ago, Craig Hustadt said:

But all my controls were set to a totally different setup unable to fly till I reset all my Joystick functions and Throttle functions. FSUIPC shows up in the add-on.

Checked the FSUIPC log all looks ok no faults?

Next time I start P3D v4.3 all the setting changed again and Windows was acting strangely.

Removed all FSUIPC files everything is working normally.

FSUIPC is not doing anything unless it is told to, and it most certainly cannot make Windows "act strangely", whatever that means.

Are you assigning everything in FSUIPC? If so, do you have multiple joystick control connections? Unless you use Joy Letters to identify them (see chapter in User Guide), they can easily get mixed up on Windows upgrades, hardware changes and disconnections/reconnections.

If the "settings" you are talking about are P3D ones, then FSUIPC cannot be responsible as it doesn't touch any of those.

11 hours ago, Craig Hustadt said:

I have idea where to go to next?

If you want more help here I think you need to be much more specific about "settings" and "strangely", as these are rather meaningless without any detail. 

Crashes of Windows can result in all sorts of corruptions of essential control files. One easy thing to try is to delete your Prepar3D CFG file and let P3D build another. You'd need to set up again but t isn't too much of a chore.

Otherwise your problems are more likely to be some corruption in P3D. FSUIPC is 100% reliant on SimConnect and the PDK interfaces. If those are corrupted then the results are unpredictable. without FSUIPC or other such add-ins being used, corruptions in those areas probably wouldn't be so noticeable.

In the end an uninstall and re-install of P3D itself might be the only way. Best thing to do in future is to make regular system backups so you can restore to the most recent fully working system after a serious system crash.

Pete

You have still not supplied enough information.

Are you using  a registered or unregistered version of FSUIPC5?

Are you assigning axis and/or calibrating in FSUIPC? Have you disabled controllers in P3D?

Some strange problems can occur with a corrupt wxstationlist.bin  file - you could try deleting this (from your Appdata P3D folder, next to the P3D CFG file) - it will be rebuilt.

If the problem still persists, try re-installing the P3D client.