The simFlight Network Forums

Widefs

4 hours ago, 23chantry23 said:

I have problems with Wideserver and client.  The client says it has version 0 so I presume I have mismatch.  My wideserver is 7.974. And client 6.999.  Is this a mismatch?  On your page I couldn’t find widefs 7.974.  Please advise.

No mismatch. But the current WideFS download would give you WideClient 7.151, and both that and Wideclent on its own version 7.151 is available in the Download Links subforum here.  WideServer isn't used separately from FSUIPC4 o FSUIPC5, only FSSUIPC3 (on FS9 and earlier). The version "7.974" comes mainly from the last real WideServer update in FSUIPC, which was in 4.974.

Version 0 really indicates more a lack of connection. Where are you reading that?

I can't help further without seeing both the WideServer.LOG and wideClient.LOG files.

Pete

Just thinking,

I have spend days, chasing firewall and defender issues on my multiple PC cockpit. Every Win 10 update seems to re-close holes I have made.

Just thinking, Wouldn't it be good if every add-on punched holes in the firewall in the same manner, or had a button to remake an exclusion on multiple PCs, or allowed you to change ports at will, without re-installing or making command line changes. Some packages seem to do it better than others. I'm still trying to get my head around how Sim connect communicates.

Anyhow, just a thought as I await the next Win 10 update. 🙂

Aussie

2 hours ago, Aussie1234 said:

Just thinking, Wouldn't it be good if every add-on punched holes in the firewall in the same manner, or had a button to remake an exclusion

And do you know of a programmatic solution to that which works with all firewalls and which doesn't need use intervention and/or special privileges?

You don't need any reinstalling or command line changes to change WideFS's ports, though I've never known them to clash with anything. 

Pete

Hello Pete,

No, I do not have solution. The only way I have learnt anything about firewalls is when my PCs or applications suddenly stop talking to each other or following Windows updates.

I've recently slowly replaced all of my PCs in my Prosim 737 connected cockpit. Each one takes a bit of time to set up and ensuring they all talk to each other and remembering the fixes that I put in place a few years ago (and didn't document).

I've never had a problem with WideFS

Thank you again for you great work.

Aussie