The simFlight Network Forums

Mouse macro with push buttons

MOVED FROM SUBFORUMS TO MAIN SUPPORT FORUM

Hi everyone ! 

I am currently trying to make my VrInsight CDU work with the FSL A320. 

Yesterday, I succeeded in assigning all the buttons of the CDU hardware to the MCDU of the aircraft with FSUIPC mouse macros, it was working fine BUT... 

I can only click one time on the CDU, then, the button stay pushed and I have to click on it again with the mouse in the sim to release it. 

Do you know this issue ? Is there a solution ? 

Regards

I've moved your post from one of the reference subforums to the main support forum so it can be answered.

6 hours ago, Erwan Alexandre said:

I can only click one time on the CDU, then, the button stay pushed and I have to click on it again with the mouse in the sim to release it. 

Do you know this issue ? Is there a solution ? 

I think each press changes is from "released to pressed" or "pressed to released", like a latching switch. If so you will simply need to program it in FSUIPC to do the same action on both press and released.

Pete

Thanks for your reply ! 

I've already tried this, setting the same action when the button is released but nothing happened... It seems that the button is held down until I interact with the mouse cursor in the sim... 

I also tried to make a macro switching up the button but it didn't worked.

Regards

1 hour ago, Erwan Alexandre said:

I've already tried this, setting the same action when the button is released but nothing happened... It seems that the button is held down until I interact with the mouse cursor in the sim... 

There's something wrong there, then. 

Enable Button/Key logging in FSUIPC's Logging tab, then operate the buttons. See what gets logged.

1 hour ago, Erwan Alexandre said:

also tried to make a macro switching up the button but it didn't worked.

Switching "up"? What sort of buttons on screen are you talking about?  Most CDUs don't have up/down toggle switches. Of course, I don't know the Airbus.

I'm just concerned that FSUIPC is doing the right things. How they then work on yor add-on aircraft is a seperate problem which i cannot really solve -- it may be a matter of experimentation. Don't FSL provide keyboard short-cuts? Or are there L:Vars which work.

Mouse macros sometimes need you to experiment with the code. If you are using P3D4, the standard code is 3. That means "single left click".  There's a list of the codes in the Advanced User's manual,  Just search for the Mouse macro section.

Pete

The log has been attached. I've deleted some lines that seemed not to be usefull because of the size of the file. I use P3D v4 yes.

I tried with and without assigning the same action when the button is released.

Switching "up"?

Sorry, I should have said that, when the button was locked down, I tried to make a macro to release it. You're right, MCDU buttons are not toggle switches. I was just trying to unlock them with a macro but in vain...

There are codes available on their forum to assign hardware to some actions but nothing for the MCDU.... And, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with codes or LVar and Lua terms at all.

Thanks for your help

FSUIPC5.log

Hi Erwan,

the log file shows the mouse macro is being activated ok.

There are a few things you could try:

1. Duplicate your macro file (giving it another name), and in the second file change the left mouse-click code (3) to a left release (13) [P38 of Advanced User Manual]. Then assign this macro to the key release.

2. Instead of using two macro files (as above), you could edit the existing macro to contain both the left click and the release - see the section entitled 'Multiple actions in one macro control' P37 of advanced user manual.

3. If the above two fail, add event logging to see whats being sent when you both click and release with the mouse in the sim.

Cheers,

John