The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC lost profiles

I discovered starting a flight with P3DV4 that the controller profiles have disappeared.

I opened SFUIPC within the sim and the axi/ buttons register but there is no profile attached.

Please help as, after much work flight planning and setting up the system I would now dearly like to enjoy a fly.

Please find attached the init file.

Below is a small sample.

[JoystickCalibration]

RudderBlendLowest=1

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=5150

History=RJYQ5TIUFQKAVU4N6NG1X

AxesWrongRange=No

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40,3

AxisCalibration=No

DirectAxesToCalibs=No

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

AxisIntercepts=No

DontResetAxes=No

ThreadAffinityMask=x0

LuaAffinityMask=x0

InitDelay=0

GetNearestAirports=Yes

LogOptionProtect=Yes

TimeForLuaClosing=2

WeatherReadFactor=2

WeatherRewriteSeconds=1

TrafficStallTime=1

InitialStallTime=10

NormalStallTime=1

LuaRerunDelay=66

Console=No

ProvideAIdata=Yes

ProvideAIairports=Yes

ControlsListBuild=27077

InitDelayDevicesToo=No

PMDG737offsets=Auto

PMDG747offsets=Auto

PMDG777offsets=Auto

Annotate=Yes

UseSystemTime=No

UseMidMouseBtn=Yes

MouseWheelMove=No

MouseWheelTrim=No

MouseWheelTrimSpeed=1

JoystickTimeout=20

RestoreSimcWindows=No

FixMachSpeedBug=No

AutoScanDevices=Yes

DisconnTrimForAP=No

ZeroElevForAPAlt=No

ThrottleSyncAll=No

WhiteMessages=No

ShowPMcontrols=No

SpoilerIncrement=512

Thanking you for your help in anticipation.

FSUIPC5.ini

29 minutes ago, OttoE said:

I discovered starting a flight with P3DV4 that the controller profiles have disappeared.

I opened SFUIPC within the sim and the axi/ buttons register but there is no profile attached.

Please help as, after much work flight planning and setting up the system I would now dearly like to enjoy a fly.

Please find attached the init file

That's really just a basic default INI file, as if you didn't have one before running P3D. So, either you (accidentally?) deleted your previous INI file, or some other add-on you are using did so.

The only other possibility i can think of is that you have two instances of P3D and started the wrong one.

Either way, you need to restore it from your most recent backup.

Pete

Thanks Pete. It's a great program. Pity all that hard work needs to be repeated. One way to get familiar with the program. A concern though that another program can delete files from another program.

I've attached 2 log files. Maybe you could look at them as they may give an idea of what happened.

In the meantime, I'm reviewing my backup system and reprogramming the assignment.

Thanks again for your help

FSUIPC5_prev.log

FSUIPC5.log

7 hours ago, OttoE said:

I've attached 2 log files. Maybe you could look at them as they may give an idea of what happened.

No, sorry. They don't contain any of the (optional) logging for buttons or axes which yould indicate anything from your INI file. There's only the basic stuff there.

7 hours ago, OttoE said:

In the meantime, I'm reviewing my backup system and reprogramming the assignment.

Backing up files is really an important part of running a computer system. You should also consider backing up P3D-realted files, possibly all of the Prepar3D v4 Documents, Prepar3D v4 AddOns, AppData\lockheed Martin, and ProgramData\Lockheed Martin folders.

I actually take full System and Disk backups of my setup whenever I've made sets of changes, I use an excellent program called AOMEI which also lets you open backup files and attach thrm as disks to your system, so you can access indicidual files and folders in Explorer just as if they were on that PC (even though in my case they are on a Network drive).

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

I just did a complete 'overhaul' of my PC, installing a new SSD and clean fresh install of Windows, PD3v4,  and related plugins. I backed up all my files prior and am reloading my vast flight sim library. With that, I 'forgot' to include FSUIPC 'directly' in the backup. But, I'm sure it did indeed get backed up in my full drive effort which included those file folders. 

So, can I recover my profile settings from the backup and install it into the FSUIPC5 folder and save myself the work of re-configuring all my aircraft? 

On 2/2/2019 at 12:00 PM, John Dowson said:

Yes, just recover your FSUIPC5.ini file and copy into the FSUIPC 'Modules' folder (and also recover your 'Profiles' folder, if by chance you are using the 'Profiles in Separate Files' facility'). You can also recover and install the key file, to save you having to re-register.

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your reply and the tips. I am still uploading and backing up files since my 'overhaul.' I'm ready to get some flying in!

Jeff

Edited by Beckanator
spell check