The simFlight Network Forums

Fsuipc buttons stop working

I have a new computer with a new installation of P3dv 4.4 and also a new version of FSUIPC 5.  Everything works fine, I have programmed some switches that are connected via a Leo Bodnar bb1-32 board for control of ATC replies. When I start the sim all this works fine, but after some time of NO USE of these buttons the only way I can get them to work is to pause f/s open fsuipc and select buttons page and then push any of the assigned atc buttons , close of  fsuips un-pause sim and away we go ??  Any Ideas ?  I also have some other switches assigned through fsuipc via the Leo Bodnar board but they are not affected !!!

Rod Wright

Edited by rodder47

Thanks John but have been there done that I have checked further and it happens to all the buttons / switches that are connected to the Leo Bodnar card and then programmed through fsuipc  !!!  I love fsuipc for the infinite variety that can be set for the buttons  etc  hense why I use it in fsx and p3d

Edited by rodder47

On 2/5/2019 at 5:22 AM, rodder47 said:

When I start the sim all this works fine, but after some time of NO USE of these buttons the only way I can get them to work is to pause f/s open fsuipc and select buttons page and then push any of the assigned atc buttons , close of  fsuips un-pause sim and away we go ??

This is most definitely a sign of the USB connection "going to sleep"., and the only known cause of that is power. In Windows device manager go through ALL the USB devices lised. Disable the power management wherever that option exists. Don't just choose one.

Incidentally in the esrlier posting you say

On 2/5/2019 at 5:22 AM, rodder47 said:

I also have some other switches assigned through fsuipc via the Leo Bodnar board but they are not affected !!!

but then

5 hours ago, rodder47 said:

it happens to all the buttons / switches that are connected to the Leo Bodnar card

Which is true? They cannot both be!

Next time you post with this still occurring, please besure to include or attach the FSUIPC5.LOG please.

Pete

Hi Pete, the last statement is true in that when this happens everything attached to the bodnar card stops working and all I have todo is open fsuipc click on buttons and press any of the buttons and close off and all works fine for a while then a repeat. I have checked every usb port and disabled power management where ever possible but it is switched on again each time I check ? How can I solve this to be a permanent turn off ??  With spad.next I run as administrator and that seems to solve the problem for those panels.  Can I run fsuipc as an administrator ?

26 minutes ago, rodder47 said:

I have checked every usb port and disabled power management where ever possible but it is switched on again each time I check ?

All the checking does is rescan the joysticks, which would wkes them up. somehow not using the buttons for a period is letting then or the Bodnar boards go to sleep. The Windows power management option is the only thing I know which can do this.

FSUIPC will also rescan if you unplug the USB and plug it in again. This will also have the same effect.

30 minutes ago, rodder47 said:

I have checked every usb port and disabled power management where ever possible but it is switched on again each time I check ? How can I solve this to be a permanent turn off ??

Changing it in Device Manager Properties for each USB port is always fixed. it is recorded in the registry. Are you pressing OK or confirming in whatever way is shown? It sounds like you are cancelling the change in setting. There is no way it will turn itself back on.

34 minutes ago, rodder47 said:

With spad.next I run as administrator and that seems to solve the problem for those panels.  Can I run fsuipc as an administrator ?

FSUIPC runs at whatever privilege level you run P3D at. It can do nothing else. It is a DLL running within P3D! Though I cannot see what that would make any difference. Does SPAD do the job if it isn't run "as administrator"?

Pete

Hi Pete,

Yes SPAD works fine every time I load it as "administrator", If I do not load Spad as administrator, the panels work sometimes not others !! however just now I went into device manager and checked all the "universal serial bus controllers to make sure the "power management" was un-ticked then I went up to "Human Interface Devices" and checked every one of those items , some of them had power management checked so I un-checked them hopefully this will solve the problem and in future I will load P3D in "administrator Mode"  

thanks for taking the time, I will report back after I have run this system

• 7 months later...

Hi Peter, I purchased FSUIPC and am using HOTAS Warthog throttles.  I am having problems trying to set the throttles. Can you please help me?

I set up 'Throttles 1, then Throttle 2 but the rescan function refuses to work and my throttles are all over the place. I read elsewhere, here that pulling out the usb plug disables the rescan, so I tried that but replacing it again raises the very same issue.

3.jpg

FSUIPC5.log

Edited by g7usl
Uploads

5 hours ago, g7usl said:

I set up 'Throttles 1, then Throttle 2 but the rescan function refuses to work and my throttles are all over the place.

If one of your axes keeps sending values ("jitter") then the re-scan will pick that up. Use "Ignore axis" to get to the other!

5 hours ago, g7usl said:

I read elsewhere, here that pulling out the usb plug disables the rescan, so I tried that but replacing it again raises the very same issue.

Well of course it would if the same device is reconnected and keeps jittering!

The log doesn't show anything of interest as you've not enabled any relevant logging. Also, please always close down P3D before grabbing the log as relevant information is often part of the summary at the end.

Sometimes with jittery axes you can get them to stop jittering by "parking" them at one end of the movement or the other.

Pete