The simFlight Network Forums

KMCO - Real World Schedules & Scenario Fun

Ripskin

I created 2 full day's schedules from different days for a change in dynamic at the airport and used them to create some extra options for some fun.  Real Traffic is required but Real Color is your discretion.  I have links to videos of each schedule to save space vs large embeds.  Disclaimer: I was taking notes for fixes and ensuring the schedules were working so while I'm not great at the game this is lower than my usual "standard" of play quality. :) Likewise a few fixes were made after the video's. 

For both schedules I've done a fair amount of testing and believe I have fixed all of the schedule conflicts and issues if any are found just send me a message and I'll fix them.
I have not looked at fixing the white planes at this time.

Extras:

• I have felt that KMCO can handle more traffic than it currently see's and decided it would be fun to play that.  So I took both of my two schedules and merged them together for a...
    • Double traffic schedule:
      • I did go through and advance by one flight number duplicate planes following the same routes etc similar to the original schedules that had a few departures and arrivals back at the airport.
      • This also means more periods of the day are active to keep things rolling instead of a slow late evening.
      • image.png.96fa9545c53fc0eb62ba5ae0f24664fa.png
      • Video showing an hour of play from this schedule.
      • Download here
  • Scenario Play:
    • For the first few here I wanted to focus in on some things I have done privately and as most people have experienced while flying which add some fun as written into the schedule with some basic guidelines for play.
    • As such I have created two scenario's for weather related fun:
      • Scenario 7am through 8am:  Video Showing this scenario

Bad weather has been in the area around MCO, at 7am a storm starts to move in.  In an attempt to get in / out before the weather arrives a number of planes will seek departure and arrival prior to the airspace closing.

At about 7:10 the airspace will close, departures remain active until about 7:12am.  Planes en-route will be held in a pattern by ATC and not released into MCO control until the weather clears.  Departures are able to push roll to staging but are not allowed to depart and must wait in staging areas. There is a route open out of the area but MCO must share it with all airports.

If any plane is released into MCO airspace the tower can then depart a plane as it is MCO's turn. 

The weather pushes out of the area and the airport is free to resume normal operations at 7:30am.  ATC will pull planes out of their patterns and queue them for arrival.

• Scenario 8pm through 9pm: Video Showing this scenario

Weather is still in the area around MCO this evening however the impact is primarily with other airports.  A number of airplanes must divert to MCO due to weather at their destinations.  

This will create a small spike of planes routed in and then later in the evening a spike of departures as they all head out to their intended destinations.

• Download the scenarios here

• Configure the airport how you see fit but mix it up and replay seeing what works best but most of all enjoy.

• The morning period is going to be the more hectic and demanding as it is peak departure time for the schedules and you will have to stack up the planes in an area attempting to allow flowing traffic without blocking major paths. Typically planes must still have a route to return to the gate if needed so keep that in mind.

• The second period is still active for that time of night but the activity comes and goes specific to the added traffic which was only a few planes.  I adjusted these planes in the schedule to set destinations in the reasonable area to divert to MCO though I did not adjust their source.  I also adjusted their flight number advancing it by one to avoid duplicate issues but you can identify each as they arrive and then depart within the regular schedule for the evening.

• The goal I set was to have as much of the schedule COMPLETED as possible by the end of the hour as a gauge of performance.

I have more scenario ideas for the next airport I will be making schedules for which hopefully will not take too long. 

If you run into any bugs or problems please let me know and I will go correct them. The schedules were made in Excel so for the most part fixes are fairly easy to process. 
I hope that you enjoy and happy controlling!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1