The simFlight Network Forums

Airline callsigns lists

Arianus

Hello, I would like to ask, is avaiable somewhere the list of airline callsigns for active in specific airports?

I know I can take a lists from txt for the airport, but there is basically all airline in the game. For me as a new player would be nice to have some crib.

6 hours ago, hexzed said:

Each airport airline text file should be pretty much the same.

Or do as i, and others have done, copy and paste into an excel sheet or similar, and update your own record

The list can get fairly long. The hardest part for me is to keep up with the newcomers, LCC's going bust and mergers. Not to take anything away from Gabors hard work but I notice that the airlines.txt list put out with each new A/P does still contain a number of defunct airlines and a couple that have merged or their data has changed. Would it make sense to start an airlines sticky post like latest schedules post etc. where any changes to airlines can be listed and as individuals we can update our own airlines.txt files. 

I don't think this would have any copyright implications as the .txt files are not owned by anybody to my knowledge.

Kev M

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2019 at 9:50 AM, Arianus said:

Hello, I would like to ask, is avaiable somewhere the list of airline callsigns for active in specific airports?

I know I can take a lists from txt for the airport, but there is basically all airline in the game. For me as a new player would be nice to have some crib.

Having re read your original post, it appears you are looking for a list of airline call signs for a particular airport as a quick references perhaps.

I make a spreadsheet  for each airport with the following info on it. in this order. I sit it beside the airport diagram etc on the desk until I am familiar with all the odd call signs.

ICAO, IATA, CALL, AIRLINE, then perhaps terminal and any other relative bits of info.

Where to get the information.

Wikipedia each airport, it usually has a list of airlines operating to that airport-- gives AIRLINE  names for reference 

from schedule.txt. pull out  the  IATA for each airline. copy to a spreadsheet.

from airport terminal.txt  copy the ICAO files to the same spreadsheet. This gives the  ICAO for each airline.

from the airline.txt copy either the ICAO or IATA files listed for each airlines listed in the  files above with all their data. It will contain all the info you need.

Massage the info into whatever format you want and print a list of those airlines operating to that airport.

It is best not to try and make custom airlines.txt for each airport as it gets very messy to control. Probably the best way is to try to maintain a good full listing, amended as required and use this as a master file and copy it across to each airport, amending the name as applicable.

Make use of Excell or similar to massage data. It makes it easier than trying to collect it all togther manually.

Don't try to amend the airplanes.txt file that come with RT files as they are interlinked with other files. It will fall over.

Hopefully this might help  a bit

Kev M