The simFlight Network Forums

Viewpoint 05B0

Hi Luke,

I currently don't have any visibility of what was at that offset, and it is currently used/assigned  internally. I'll talk to Pete next week when he's back to get more details, but I don't see a problem if the info is available from SimConnect (or the PDK), but it may have to be at a different offset. I'll get back to you.

Cheers,

John

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Luke Kolin said:

Just a friendly bump so that we don't lose visibility of this. Is there anything else I can do to help with this?

I think John needs more information about exactly what viewpoint it is. I think he asked me about this because there are several alternatives available in the SimConnect interface. What did that offset use to be in the 'old days' when is was an original FS value (FS9 days or before?).

Pete

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I think John needs more information about exactly what viewpoint it is. I think he asked me about this because there are several alternatives available in the SimConnect interface. What did that offset use to be in the 'old days' when is was an original FS value (FS9 days or before?).

I believe I'm looking for the SimConnnect variable "EYEPOINT POSITION" - not sure if that is equivalent to what it was in FS9.

Cheers!

Luke

9 minutes ago, Luke Kolin said:

I believe I'm looking for the SimConnnect variable "EYEPOINT POSITION" - not sure if that is equivalent to what it was in FS9.

Nor are we. but perhaps John can populate the offsets from that variable and you can then check. I'll have to leave it to him.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

are you sure that its the 'EYEPOINT POSITION' that you require? This is defined as the 'eyepoint position relative to the reference datum position for the aircraft', and is in feet. Previously this was a latitude/longitude/altitude, so the reference frame (and units) for this is quite different from FS2004. Is this ok?

23 hours ago, John Dowson said:

That last post was not correct - I don't know what the reference frame was in FS2004, so it may be the same! I'll add and post a version here when available for you to test.

Thanks. What (I think) I'm looking for is the Lat/Long/Alt of the eyepoint itself, rather than relative to the reference frame.

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Luke,

I was investigating this for you, but unfortunately I broke my foot (3 metatarsals) around 5 weeks ago so things have been moving along quite slowly.

Its not a problem extracting the viewpoint for you, and then changing this to the correct reference frame, but in my investigations so far I'm only getting the initial viewpoint value from P3D and this doesn't seem to be updated when you change the viewpoint (with the standard P3D key controls). I therefore need to investigate more and possibly raise with LM, so this may take a while. I'll keep you informed.

Cheers,

John

• 6 months later...

Hi Luke,

sorry, you are correct - the numbers were strange as they were written as 32bit floats instead of 64 (and some conversion was applied).

Please try the attached dll where this has been corrected. The lat/long/alt are in the format as received from P3D with no conversion, which is lat/lon in degrees and alt in feet.

Not sure what the format of 05B0 and 05B8 was at the moment- I'll check this.

Cheers,

John

FSUIPC5.dll