The simFlight Network Forums

On 7/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, alihor said:

I have an USB microcontroller with a lot of buttons and no axis, which send axis information to FSUIPC, though there is no axis installed.

If you don't assign those 'ghost axes' to anything, then FSUIPC will not be bothered by them at all. The way DirectInput works is that all buttons, axes, and POVs are read on each scan. It is just one call to DirectInput.

This is why there's no 'ignore axis' facility -- there is no need for it at all. Just don't assign axes you aren't using!

15 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Can you not use the 'Ignore Axis' button (top right) in the Axis Assignment tab?

That only applies whilst you are assigning. It is simply to stop a jittering axis being recognised before one you want to assign. It has no further effect once you exit.

I don't think it is worth adding a new facility, as it simply isn't needed. Perhaps alihor can explain what is really troubling him?

Pete

Hi Pete, I did not assign any of these "open" axis. What troubles me is the following:

When I start my flight and want to change e.g. the calibration of one of my assigned axis, I CAN NOT , due to jittering continuously one of these "open" axis.

An access to the correct axis is not possible, as long as I do not click on "ignore axis".

The reason for having "open" axis is that some  of  the input sensors of my micro controller is OPEN. No hardware connected.

Does it make sense to send you the log file?

8 minutes ago, alihor said:

When I start my flight and want to change e.g. the calibration of one of my assigned axis, I CAN NOT , due to jittering continuously one of these "open" axis.

An access to the correct axis is not possible, as long as I do not click on "ignore axis".

So the "ignore axis" facility works for you. How often are you needing to re-calibrate the assigned axes? That's normally a job that onvce done stays done, at least till you axis pots wear out, which shouldn't happen for years.

If you are re-calibrating for different aircraft then you should be using profiles in any case. calibrations are saved independently for each.

Pete

Hi Pete, as I am the moderator and group leader of about 8 simulator pilots, we have joint meetings every 4 weeks on two simulators at my home for 8 hours, and also intermediate meetings.

For preparation and during my sessions, I configure the flights for new actions on different airplanes, different weather conditions, different airfields.

Therefore the FSUIPC calibration and configuration could change very often.

I am using profiles from begin on, as we fly gliders, single propeller, twin propeller, commercial airliners (A320), helicopters, etc.

Beside the profiles, I store the configurations in different FSUPC-xxxx.INI files.

Now , since I connected  the additional microcontroller box (Arcaze USB) , I have this jitter problem with "ignore axis" solution .

And, sometimes the (e.g.:) ailerons don't work, due to jitter of other axis !

Please help.

This is bad  and good news!!

Bad, cause I would miss you very  very much Pete, It was great "talking" and developing over the past 12 years with you. I hope you will stay here in the forum. 

Good, cause the brilliant tool FSUIPC stays in Dawson family hands. John, welcome again from my side. 

BTW.: 2 years ago I intended to ask you Pete, who will be your follower? But I didn't dare. Now I got the answer!! 

Best regards, 

Alhard (13 years FSUIPC user) 

Hi Alhard,

please try the attached version (5.152a).

It will accept the IgnoreThese ini parameter in the [Axes] section using he same format as the one in the buttons section, except that you specify the axis letter after the '.'. 

Note that there is one 'quirk' in the way I have implemented, in that if you clear or change this parameter when FSUIPC/P3D is running, and you reload the assignments, the initial axes you ignored will still be present and so still ignored. To clear this completely, you need  push 'Clr Ignores' button.

Please try this and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

John

FSUIPC5.dll

Oh, I didnt know. Was it announced somewhere.

I fully understand you to end development , cause I was a developer also in my early times.

Nevertheless, it's bad news for our new function "Ignore" in FSX.

I tested the minor update successfully ! Thanks again.

best regards

Alhard

PS: send me a PM if you have a work around idea.