The simFlight Network Forums

Trouble setting up PanView

I am not able to get setup for PanView with my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro for my P3Dv4.5.  I have installed the latest FSUIPC 5152.

I opened Axis Assignments - pushed down on the POV (HAT) - selected Send to FS as normal axis - selected PanView - clicked OK, then went back to P3D and nothing works.

What am I doing wrong?

I was using the pan view with Chase Plane but would prefer to have it setup with FSUIPC5

Regards, Dane

5 hours ago, danewatson said:

I opened Axis Assignments - pushed down on the POV (HAT) - selected Send to FS as normal axis - selected PanView - clicked OK, then went back to P3D and nothing works.

That Pan View control is just an FS contorl, and is merely sent to P3d. it would operate exactly like the pan view assignment in P3D. FSUIPC neither adds nor subtracts from it, it is merely sent on. It merely provides a way for the facilty to be used when the P3D one is stopped by disabling controllers there, as needed to avoid conflicts with FSUIPC assignments.

Are you sure it isn't ChasePlane which is preventing its operation?

BTW you say "pushed down on the hat". Hats are normally are pushable in any direction.  By "down" do you mean towards you?

Pete

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

That Pan View control is just an FS contorl, and is merely sent to P3d. it would operate exactly like the pan view assignment in P3D. FSUIPC neither adds nor subtracts from it, it is merely sent on. It merely provides a way for the facilty to be used when the P3D one is stopped by disabling controllers there, as needed to avoid conflicts with FSUIPC assignments.

Are you sure it isn't ChasePlane which is preventing its operation?

BTW you say "pushed down on the hat". Hats are normally are pushable in any direction.  By "down" do you mean towards you?

Pete

Hi Pete, thanks for your prompt reply.

I agree that it is an FS Control which gets sent to P3D - I did not think there would have been an issue.

I do have P3D assignments all disabled and I even shut down ChasePlane.

What I meant by "pushed down on the hat" is that after opening Axis Assignment I then clicked on Clear and then Rescan - then I simply angled the Hat button back towards me so that FSUIPC5 would recognize the Joy# and Axis#. Yes, if I rotate the Hat button through all the positions the positions show up in the little window in Axis Assignment.

See my attached printscreen.

Regards, Dane.

EDIT:

I just tried something else. I "enabled" the P3D Controller and setup PanView to the HatSwitch in P3D - BUT, it also did not work?!?!

This is very strange. It for sure works in ChasePlane but not through FSUIPC5 or P3D - so I have deducted that it can't be my joystick - but I am stumped as to what it could be.

Your thoughts would be appreciated,

Dane

FSUIPC5 PanView.JPG

Edited by danewatson
Added EDIT

Im having the same problem with my Cessna Saitek yoke. The "hat" will only move very very slowly when in the virtual cockpit. When I am in outside view it works fine. 

Can someone shed some light on this? I also have Chaseplane but it is switched off. Im in exactly the same boat as Danewatson

Please Help

Edited by shane2801

I can't really help 'fix' P3D to make it work. But it seems likely to me that Chaseplane is also using a DLL which is still enabled even when you are not running the program itself. Since most folks have no problems with Pan View no matter where it is assigned, the problem you are experiencing must be due to something you've installed, and ChasePlane seems the most likely culprit --- and that is common to both reports in this thread.

Best to check on ChasePlane website, see what their support says.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I can't really help 'fix' P3D to make it work. But it seems likely to me that Chaseplane is also using a DLL which is still enabled even when you are not running the program itself. Since most folks have no problems with Pan View no matter where it is assigned, the problem you are experiencing must be due to something you've installed, and ChasePlane seems the most likely culprit --- and that is common to both reports in this thread.

Best to check on ChasePlane website, see what their support says.

Pete

Thank you Pete, I will follow up with ChasePlane

On 7/27/2019 at 6:59 AM, danewatson said:

Thank you Pete, I will follow up with ChasePlane

Pete - I now know the reason for this problem. I will post the answer from Keven Menard, developer of ChasePlane, so that others with this issue will be aware of the cause.

"ChasePlane constantly sends camera position data to the simulator’s main view. This overrides any other command being sent to the sim by other modules/app. Operating the camera outside of ChasePlane will create conflicts like this.

Due to the way the camera system is designed in FSX, we are bound to this limitation."

6 hours ago, danewatson said:

Pete - I now know the reason for this problem. I will post the answer from Keven Menard, developer of ChasePlane, so that others with this issue will be aware of the cause.

"ChasePlane constantly sends camera position data to the simulator’s main view. This overrides any other command being sent to the sim by other modules/app. Operating the camera outside of ChasePlane will create conflicts like this.

Due to the way the camera system is designed in FSX, we are bound to this limitation."

Thank you for posting this. It is now clear.

Pete

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting this topic but I had the same problem after installing my new Fulcrum One yoke and have found a solution. In ChasePlane - Control Assignments - there are view commands that you can associate with keys. These include Tilt Up, Tilt Down, Pan Left and Pan Right.

I associated those to CTRL+UpArrow, CTRL+DownArrow, CTRL+LeftArrow and CTRL+RightArrow.

If you then associate those key commands with the relevant hat switch in FSUIPC you then get full panning and tilting in the VC. Assign them in Buttons & Switches tab.

The external views and panning / tilting remain the same.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Richard and I have a need in getting back my 'hat' switch that died I believe when ChasePlane/Old Prop shutdown. I'm able to pan all day within the cockpit, but not the exterior portion(s) of the aircraft. I've moved to EZCAv3 and like it very well, but I'm still having the same problem with the HAT switch. Currently, I'm using the CH Products FlightSim Yoke.

I like a challenge and would like to ask a few questions before tackling this issue, (1) I'm a FSX-SE user, (2) I would like to know the current FSUIPC that has been released, and what version is in use. Are you able to provide the latest 'how to' Doc's as well or would it be within the most recent version download? Oh, I forgot to ask - how much will it cost?

Thanks,

Richard Rice

Flight Simming since FS5!

9 hours ago, ricerer said:

(1) I'm a FSX-SE user, (2) I would like to know the current FSUIPC that has been released, and what version is in use. Are you able to provide the latest 'how to' Doc's as well or would it be within the most recent version download?

For such detail you only need to check on FSUIPC.com.  You need FSUIPC4 to go with FSX-SE.  All documentation is included in the download.

9 hours ago, ricerer said:

Oh, I forgot to ask - how much will it cost?

You can download and install it and read the User documentation supplied before buying it.

Then you go to SimMarket and check the price there for purchasing a registration key. You'd need to run the Installer again to register.

Pete