The simFlight Network Forums

Sync Pos issue

In the past several months I tried using Sync Pos to help align Throttle 1 & 2. I don’t think I ever got it right and to complicate things I think my throttle quad was going bad also. I’ve replaced it now, and deleted (I think) the Sync Pos calibration. The ini doesn’t have any points in the Joystick Calibration section. But when I fly my Phenom 100, often, moving either throttle the engine response is very odd. For example smoothly moving the throttle up to TO (>91%) the engine will run up then suddenly go down to 50ish% and I have to run the throttles down then back up to get it to stabilize. It’s as though there are still Sync Pos slopes (that I set incorrectly probably) still driving the cal. When I change the axes assignments to send as FS commands instead of direct to FSUIPC Cal, the throttle responses are correct and smooth. Using latest FSUIPC5 in P3Dv4.5HF.

How can I assure myself there is no leftover effect of my bad Sync Pos cal attempts?

Thanks!

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I've no idea what 'Sync Pos' is, so can't help you with that.

What aircraft are you using? Some add-ons, such as those by PMDG, don't work very well with FSUIPC calibration and you should send as FS command if you are using those.

Also check that you have controllers disabled in P3D if you are assigning your axis in FSUIPC.

Cheers,

John

34 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

When I change the axes assignments to send as FS commands instead of direct to FSUIPC Cal, the throttle responses are correct and smooth

Without calibrating? Did you go into the calibrations and RESET them? Otherwise FSUIPC is really doing pretty must the same thing.

Is the problem the same with default aircraft? If not, then I suspecte that the Phenom 100 is another of those aircraft (like some PMDG ones) which cannot work with FSUIPC's "direct" method, as the atter bypasses the route they use to get the values themselves. what would then happen would be double conflicting inputs, same as if you had them assigned in the sim and in FSUIPC.

38 minutes ago, bbuckley said:

How can I assure myself there is no leftover effect of my bad Sync Pos cal attempts?

Take a look in the settings file, the INI file in the Sim's modules folder. I see John has just replied so he has probably mentioned this.

Pete

2 hours ago, John Dowson said:

Hi Bruce,

I've no idea what 'Sync Pos' is, so can't help you with that.

What aircraft are you using? Some add-ons, such as those by PMDG, don't work very well with FSUIPC calibration and you should send as FS command if you are using those.

Also check that you have controllers disabled in P3D if you are assigning your axis in FSUIPC.

Cheers,

John

“CALIBRATING MULTIPLE THROTTLE, PROP & MIXTURE AXES TO "LINE UP"
The 4 throttle, 4 prop pitch and 4 mixtures pages all feature a button, centre bottom of the display, labelled "Sync Pos".”

Thanks John, above is out of the FSUIPC user guide pg 50.

im using the Carenado Phenom 100. All keys and axes are deleted from P3D control. 

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Without calibrating? Did you go into the calibrations and RESET them? Otherwise FSUIPC is really doing pretty must the same thing.

Is the problem the same with default aircraft?

When I was sending direct to FSUIPC Calibration I RESET and then SET several times. When I just send to FS as command I RESET the cal and don’t set again. This seems to work. But I’ve been flying this airplane for a couple years and the throttles were reasonably matched (as well as real world) using the Send Direct to FSUIPC Calibration. I’ll have the try a default aircraft. 

The ini file does not have any entries for the throttle slope. 

1 hour ago, bbuckley said:

The ini file does not have any entries for the throttle slope. 

Sync Pos isn't "Slope" -- the latter is the response curve you select, if not linear. Sync positions are recorded in a list against the "SyncSlope..."  parameters.

If there are none there then your earlier syncing is not interfering with anything as it isn't being done. If it is there are any you can delete them if you no longer need them.

From what you say it is something else, and probably related to the way that particular aircraft reads the throttle values.

Pete

4 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Sync Pos isn't "Slope" -- the latter is the response curve you select, if not linear. Sync positions are recorded in a list against the "SyncSlope..."  parameters.

If there are none there then your earlier syncing is not interfering with anything as it isn't being done. If it is there are any you can delete them if you no longer need them.

From what you say it is something else, and probably related to the way that particular aircraft reads the throttle values.

Yes, I intended to say SyncSlope not slope. No there are no SyncSlope entries. Thanks, it must be a result of something else.