The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS no indications

In both my airbusses (FSL - AS)  i had no TCAS indications. I use PSXT and RT. I searched for hours in make the TCAS working, until Niko told me to set TCAS range in FSUIPC not to unlimited but rather to 40 Nm;  same as setting in PSXT. Now my TCAS is working. Why is TCAS showing totaly nothing when FSUIPC TCAS range is set to unl ?

1 hour ago, Pluto7777 said:

In both my airbusses (FSL - AS)  i had no TCAS indications. I use PSXT and RT. I searched for hours in make the TCAS working, until Niko told me to set TCAS range in FSUIPC not to unlimited but rather to 40 Nm;  same as setting in PSXT. Now my TCAS is working. Why is TCAS showing totaly nothing when FSUIPC TCAS range is set to unl ?

No idea. i assume it's something in the way PSXT works (which is what? i don't know what either PSXT or RT stand for i'm afraid).

Pete

Hi,

45 minutes ago, Pluto7777 said:

Thx for reply Pete, no prob, with this setting of 40Nm  my TCAS is finally showing traffic as it should

checking the PSXseeconTraffic manual would have already answered this.

4.19 Lateral range (40)
All live aircraft within the lateral range will be injected. You can change the range in the
text box between 5 and 100 nm.
If you are using FSUIPC make sure that the settings for "Limit TCAS range" on the misc
tab are equal to the value in PSXT. And don’t use the FSUIPC Traffic limiter!

Thomas

Thx Thomas, indeed ; i guess for about 70% of the posted issues, the solution is right there in the manuals, but as many members, posting an issue is far more easy than snifflng in about a total of 2000 pages of manuals... sometimes we are a bit lazy for that  😉