The simFlight Network Forums

P3D 4.5 FSUIPC 5.152 and WideFS 6.999z1

32 minutes ago, Alessandro Usai said:

I would ask if it's mandatory to have a registred copy of WideFS to use the registered version of FSUIPC

No, not at all. Use FSUIPC as it stands or registered. WideFS is a separate add-on to spread the FSUIPC interface for applications to other PC's in your home network. if you want to do that then you need to register WideFS -- but even that doesn't actually need a registered FSUIPC, only an installed FSUIPC. You register FSUIPC only to use it's user facilities, not its interface for application programs.

Pete

Hi Pete,

many thanks for your reply. I'm currently using non registered FSUIPC 5 with P3D 4.5 but I'm having trouble configuring the MCJ Q400's AFCS panel on Saitek Multi Panel (MP) and SPAD.neXt. So I want to give a try to Mouse Macro feature of FSUIPC that are available only in registered version.  The target is to map the macro to keyboard key and then add a keyboard event to the MP button using SPAD.neXt.

I hope this will work.

Thanks again,

Alessandro

Alessandro,

For interfacing to the Q400 you should use the XML interface documented by Majestic. This means a little bit LUA programming but by that method you are able to access all Q400 functions. Check your Q400 documentation folder.

Mouse macros are not working well, as parts of the panel are not using the standard SDK and by that not all functions can be trapped by the mouse macro option. So check the XML interface. I am not sure, if this requires the Pro version, which I use, or if it is already included in the Pilot edition.

Rgds
Reinhard

4 minutes ago, aua668 said:

Alessandro,

For interfacing to the Q400 you should use the XML interface documented by Majestic. This means a little bit LUA programming but by that method you are able to access all Q400 functions. Check your Q400 documentation folder.

Mouse macros are not working well, as parts of the panel are not using the standard SDK and by that not all functions can be trapped by the mouse macro option. So check the XML interface. I am not sure, if this requires the Pro version, which I use, or if it is already included in the Pilot edition.

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi Reinhard, 

thanks for your info. I use the Pilot edition and I don't see any XML Interface documentation document inside my Q400 folder (is it something like MJC84_XML_IF_1008.zip?). May be I have to do an upgrade....

So I would ask you two things: is XML interface available only in Pro edition? Does SPAD.next use LUA scripts via FSUIPC registered version?

Thanks in advance,

Alessandro

Hi,

I don't own and use SPAD.next. I use GoFlight hardware - so the buttons and switches are visible in FSUIPC directly. In LUA scripts I am listening to these button events and I trigger the necessary activities to set or to get the values in the Q400 via the XML interface. According to your plan, to map these actions to keyboard events in SPAD.next, you could then assign the  LUA actions in FSUIPC to these keyboard events. But strange, that you are not able to see these events directly in FSUIPC. But as I don't own this type of hard- and software, I can't help you in that topic in detail.

The XML interface is obviously bound to the Pro version. So an upgrade is necessary. The upcoming training edition will get additional interface options for cockpit builders. But no clue, when it will be available. Typically this time frame is two weeks 😉

The Pro version has some nice additional features (eg the 125Hz control of the main input axis).
Q400 version comparison

Rgds
Reinhard

Hi,

I just found in the SPAD documentation:

Spad is a replacement driver for the Saitek Pro-Flight Radio, Multi and Switch panel. Spad implements features like:
- Compatibility with addon aircraft supporting keystrokes and virtual joystick  button (using Peter Dowson's FSUIPC)
- Improved knobs sensitivity with tunable acceleration
- Additional features like altimeter barometric regulation
- Many bugs fixed (missed glide slope in FS2004, Nav1 switch etc.)
- Much better stability

So you can map your hardware to virtual joystick buttons, which you then could map to LUA actions (or check them via the event library in your LUA scripts, which is the preferred method to implement such functions).

Rgds
Reinhard

Reinhard,

Thank you. So I'll act as this: because MP buttons mapping is almost done (only two are missing) I'll get FSUIPC registered (can always be useful) and then give a try to mouse macro. If problems remain then I'll upgrade Q400 to Pro/Training version (it depends on time of release of training version).

I know that a new version of SPAD.next is on alpha release... in new version you will be able to add/edit the datarefs so it can be the solution.

Alessandro

20 hours ago, Alessandro Usai said:

Does SPAD.next use LUA scripts via FSUIPC registered version?

SPAD.next (registered or trial version) uses SimConnect, not Lua scripts. The freeware version used to use FSUIPC (unregistered), but I believe this is no longer available. There are (or were - its been a while since I checked) options in SPAD.next to use/integrate with FSUIPC.

The lua script functionality is only available in a licensed FSUIPC. LINDA uses lua scripts and so requires a registered version of FSUIPC.

John

H i Alessandro,

52 minutes ago, Alessandro Usai said:

I've the registered version of SPAD.neXT. I prefer to not use LINDA because I'm not sure that "hybrid" configuration with SPAD.neXT and LINDA will work well

I agree completely - was just trying to clarify that its LINDA that uses lua, not spad.next, and thus you really only need a registered version of FSUIPC to use LINDA (or lua scripts in general), and not for spad.next.
I use both fsuipc (with lua scripts) and spad.next, and they work well together.

Cheers,

John