The simFlight Network Forums

Few help questions regarding NGX/FSUIPC/Saitek x56

Hello all!

I am starting to learn and get to grips with FSUIPC and my new stick Logitech/Saitek X56 Pro and the PMDG NGX

1. APU is mapped (I think correctly) but APU does't come alive.

So I have it mapped to a button using the <custom control>

Steps I took:

APU Start Event ID = 118 so 69632+118=69750

Enter 69749 into the custom control and Parameter 2  and set

When I click the button the APU switch moves to the Start then On position but the APU does not start... Did I do everything correctly?

2. What are PMDG Offsets?

What are these codes for? 

3. Is it possible to set a rotary knob to control, lets say Cockpit lights? (See Image)

Capture1.png

Is this possible? I tried to enter custom control code from the PMDG SDK but when I move the knob the mouse pointer turns into the rotary hand but nothing happens.

Thank you eternally for anyone who can help!

Edited by rdibble
Typo

Hi,

when the math gives 69750 for APU start switch control, why not using it with value 2? 

Enter 69749 into the custom control and Parameter 2  and set

When I click the button the APU switch moves to the Start then On position but the APU does not start... Did I do everything correctly?

If you use the correct Control mand the APU doesn't start then make sure you use the correct procedure for APU start, described in PMDG manuals.

• 2. What are PMDG Offsets?

PMDG Offsets are read only for values and states, i.e. switches or annunciators ... Have a look in the corresponding document Offset Mapping for PMDG 737NGX.pdf in ..\Modules\FSUIPC Documents\ folder.

3. Is it possible to set a rotary knob to control, lets say Cockpit lights? (See Image)

Capture1.png

Is this possible? I tried to enter custom control code from the PMDG SDK but when I move the knob the mouse pointer turns into the rotary hand but nothing happens.

If PMDG supports this via their SDK, yes but check if it works with the mouse on the panel. Maybe it is not supported.

Thomas

Thanks for replying, maybe I explain in more detail how I am using FSUIPC as I may be doing something completely wrong and I find the manual hard to follow

To my understanding I am doing the following

Getting this code

Capture2.png

Adding it to this event

Capture5.png

118 so 69632+118=69750

Also in the SDK is this line? Are they the Parameters ? // 0: OFF  1: ON  2: START

Capture4.png

In FSUIPC I am putting in 69750 + Parameter "2" for START

Capture3.png

Maybe I miss interpreted something? 

Hi,

that's the way to do. Nothing wrong with it.

I guess you have set the following for communication with PMDG?

To enable the data communication output from the PMDG aircraft, you will need to open the file
737NGX_Options.ini (located in the FSX folder PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX, and add the following lines
to the end of the file:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

Thomas

On 10/23/2019 at 2:41 AM, rdibble said:

Also in the SDK is this line? Are they the Parameters ? // 0: OFF  1: ON  2: START

Capture4.png

In FSUIPC I am putting in 69750 + Parameter "2" for START

Unfortunately the added controls from PMDG use parameters which are actually related to what you'd do with the mouse on the same switch in the cockpit display. The read-out from the offsets only gives the positions or values, not the action to set them.

If i remember correctly (sorry, I don't use PMDG aircraft), that .h file in which you found the control (Event) number also contains a list of the mouse codes they need as parameters.

Pete

Thanks for replying!

The h file has these

// Mouse flags for mouse click simulation

#define MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTSINGLE        0x80000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_MIDDLESINGLE        0x40000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTSINGLE        0x20000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTDOUBLE        0x10000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_MIDDLEDOUBLE        0x08000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTDOUBLE        0x04000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTDRAG        0x02000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_MIDDLEDRAG        0x01000000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTDRAG            0x00800000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_MOVE                0x00400000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_DOWN_REPEAT        0x00200000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_RIGHTRELEASE        0x00080000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_MIDDLERELEASE    0x00040000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_LEFTRELEASE        0x00020000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_FLIP        0x00010000            // invert direction of mouse wheel
#define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_SKIP        0x00008000            // look at next 2 rect for mouse wheel commands
#define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_UP            0x00004000
#define MOUSE_FLAG_WHEEL_DOWN        0x00002000

But how would I go about using them in FSUIPC? Add a custom control and the HEX as parameter? 

Thanks

Robbie