The simFlight Network Forums

Runway 14 at RDU

nrholland

I don't know if anyone has had this problem yet, but I had a plane land on Runway 14 at RDU.  It stopped halfway down the runway and stopped.  I have commanded it to taxi to the terminal as well as taxi to the ramp.  It just sits there and does nothing.  Thought you might want to know about it.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, nrholland said:

I don't know if anyone has had this problem yet, but I had a plane land on Runway 14 at RDU.  It stopped halfway down the runway and stopped.  I have commanded it to taxi to the terminal as well as taxi to the ramp.  It just sits there and does nothing.  Thought you might want to know about it.

Simple answer is it will never work.

If you look closely there is no taxiway for it to exit on as in real world operations they do not use Rwy 14 for landings, only  take off. To land on this runway they would need to pretty much fly between the tower and terminal buildings and car parks and also cross over the two main runways to land which I don't believe is allowed under airport SOP's

They do however use it to land GA on RWY32 (seen it whilst watching on Flight Radar) and exit to the GA ramp via Charlie taxiway and this works fine as do take off's from RWY 14, although I have personally never seen this in live operational monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Gary

1 hour ago, Pedantic G said:

Simple answer is it will never work.

If you look closely there is no taxiway for it to exit on as in real world operations they do not use Rwy 14 for landings, only  take off. To land on this runway they would need to pretty much fly between the tower and terminal buildings and car parks and also cross over the two main runways to land which I don't believe is allowed under airport SOP's

They do however use it to land GA on RWY32 (seen it whilst watching on Flight Radar) and exit to the GA ramp via Charlie taxiway and this works fine as do take off's from RWY 14, although I have personally never seen this in live operational monitoring.

Hope this helps.

Gary

You mean we can't reenact Top Gun with this game?  What a bummer!!!! 😂

• Haha 1