The simFlight Network Forums

TCAS (E175) not working on Vatsim

CaptBmckay

Greetings,

I've noticed the aircraft transponder is not syncing with VATSIM. When I select TA/RA the controllers don't see me squawking mode C. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for your support. 

6 hours ago, CaptBmckay said:

Greetings,

I've noticed the aircraft transponder is not syncing with VATSIM. When I select TA/RA the controllers don't see me squawking mode C. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'm open to suggestions. Thank you for your support. 

its bacause unlike PMDG QW and aerosoft they may not have linked the inside aircraft function to tell Vpilot to squawk mode c its not a standard thing you may have to press it directly on Vpilot. i believe you are talking about when you switch the radio in sim you expect vpilot to also squawk c? this is not done on this aircraft like on the QW PMDG Aerosoft aircraft.

29 minutes ago, Matty260191 said:

its bacause unlike PMDG QW and aerosoft they may not have linked the inside aircraft function to tell Vpilot to squawk mode c its not a standard thing you may have to press it directly on Vpilot. i believe you are talking about when you switch the radio in sim you expect vpilot to also squawk c? this is not done on this aircraft like on the QW PMDG Aerosoft aircraft.

Are you sure? On my PMDG aicraft, the TCAS works with Vatsim. I'm cool with a work around, I just wanted to be sure, I wasn't doing anything wrong. 

yes because PMDG aerosoft and QW have all coded it into the aircraft. Feelthere haven't. Its not a work around its actually how your supposed to operate Vpilot by squawking mode C before departure. just that some designers have linked the aircraft to be able to do it. Its not an issue its just Feelthere have not integrated the code to tell Vpilot to change to Mode Charlie. nothing wrong with it at all.