The simFlight Network Forums

EDDM crashing 100%, the rest are fine

britishsteel

Hi all,

I have been playing for some time (currently 85h) and I have several airports purchased. I can play with all of them with no major issues. However, EDDM seems to be doomed. I start the airport, give a couple of voice commands and then the crash occurs closing all windows (ADIRS which i have in another screen, the aiport and hence, the game).

I don't really know what could happen since I play normally in all other airfields (EDDS, KATL, KBOS, KJFK, LEBL and  5 or 6 more...). Could you help me with this?

Thank you!

LFPG and EDDM in particular appear to be problem children. I have had problems with EDDM when using many custom schedules. So far only the following has helped me (on Windows 10):
1. uninstall EDDM
2. clear Windows temp AND cache
3. re-install EDDM
4. install the latest version of REAL TRAFFIC (to overwrite all custom schedules of all airports)

Windows 10 caches significantly more files than previous versions to reduce load times and increase overall performance. How exactly this is related to the EDDM DLC, I could not find out since I had enough free storage and free RAM. But to my mind there is a correlation.

Whether this is also the case here, of course, I cannot say.

On 1/26/2020 at 1:37 AM, EliGrim said:

LFPG and EDDM in particular appear to be problem children. I have had problems with EDDM when using many custom schedules. So far only the following has helped me (on Windows 10):
1. uninstall EDDM
3. re-install EDDM
4. install the latest version of REAL TRAFFIC (to overwrite all custom schedules of all airports)

Windows 10 caches significantly more files than previous versions to reduce load times and increase overall performance. How exactly this is related to the EDDM DLC, I could not find out since I had enough free storage and free RAM. But to my mind there is a correlation.

Whether this is also the case here, of course, I cannot say.

This has worked perfect (by now), before doing this, the longest run i had had in EDDM was 2 minutes before crashing, and today i have completed 1 hour, so i guess it is solved. Thank you SO MUCH.

BTW, so much fun, pretty simple to operate but high loads of traffic, very enjoyable

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 1:37 AM, EliGrim said:

Hello everyone

Now a question like that every time there is that with the tmp and cache on it is not my problem I can find it quickly but what makes me very stupid is the cache where is it?

It should be in the game then somehow on the hard drive or in the menu so now the question can someone tell me where I can find the cache?

40 minutes ago, Michi10 said:

cache where is it?

With "Cache" I just wanted to make sure that not only the Temp folder is meant. Also the temp files belong to the cached files. Hence the confusion.

Please note: Whatever you do, you do it at your own risk.

To delete the files after uninstalling the DLCs (via uninstaller or the DLC option in the Steam Client for the Steam version), you can use a software like CCleaner or WashAndGo (or an alternative, personally I'm not a fan of both programs), or you can delete the files yourself.

To do this I would first delete the contents of the Temp folder (Windows-Logo + R, %temp%, OK).
Afterwards the prefetch files (Windows-Logo + R, prefetch, OK), but here only the files that are related to Tower!3D by their name.
Finally, I would perform a disk cleanup (Windows-Logo + R, cleanmgr, OK) and make sure that the DirectX Shadercache is deleted if the option is available.

Now I would reboot the PC and reinstall the desired airport DLC, then Real Color and then the latest version of Real Traffic.

If that doesn't help you would have to go a bit deeper. But you have to find out for yourself. I want to avoid, that e.g. a faulty translation or a lack of knowledge on my part causes damage to your PC.

• Thanks 1