The simFlight Network Forums

TRACON! 2012: No STAR registered to airport

DeltaVII

Hey guys!

I'm still working on my home sector for TRACON, but I'm stuck. Maybe you can help?

I started building the params for the sidstar_cfg.txt so that traffic uses the correct routes. Before I did that, I had all the traffic in the schedule. But now there's no traffic, and the game log shows me lots of

Tracon map error : - No STAR registered to airport:EDDH  runway:23

messages for every single arrival. The STARs in the sector file, however, look like at other sectors like LA and NY (including the param "EDDH:23" for every STAR route), and I think I used the correct syntax in the sidstar config file like other airports (because I copied those definition blocks from HNL).

Does any TRACON aficionado have the smallest idea what exactly I keep f-ing up?

Tracon HAM.zip

@DeltaVII - The cause of your error message is the sidstar_cfg file. I tested your sector with EDDH using runway 23 and got the same error messages. However, there is a solution.

The game looks for the first route combination in your sidstar file and assigns the STAR accordingly.  So, using LEBL:EDDH as an example it finds this route under AGATI2F which you have assigned to only runway 15. Hence, the message that there was no STAR for this route.

As a result I edited your sidstar file and kept just the STARs that were assigned to runway 23. After doing this everything worked perfectly (LEBL:EDDH was assigned to AGATI2K). As a result, based on your setup it looks like you'll need multiple sidstar files and you'll need to rename/use the one specific for the appropriate runway/flow.

For what it's worth, I've always had to create multiple versions of the same sector for things to look and work like they should and in some cases multiple sidstar files too.

• Upvote 2

The good news is: IT WORKS!

The bad news: Not the way I wanted it to work, but okay. Before I post my final version, I'm going to produce a no-cheat version, fix some waypoint names, grab an up-to-date schedule for HAM (and make up some for LBC and XFW) and set it to UTC times, fix the airlines and airports file again, and make a proper documentation.

Thank you for your help!

2 hours ago, DeltaVII said:

The good news is: IT WORKS!

The bad news: Not the way I wanted it to work, but okay. Before I post my final version, I'm going to produce a no-cheat version, fix some waypoint names, grab an up-to-date schedule for HAM (and make up some for LBC and XFW) and set it to UTC times, fix the airlines and airports file again, and make a proper documentation.

Thank you for your help!

Good luck.

You may already know this about the times, but if I’m not mistaken the times in the schedule file (for T!2011 also) are supposed to be local. The game uses the GMT offset in the sector definition to internally covert to UTC. 

I sure am glad they changed this for T!3D. It was always very confusing.