The simFlight Network Forums

unable to get the throttle to ide 0%

Hi Pete,

I am trying to set my FSUIPC for my throttle and my Reverser, and regardless of what I do the Throttle never come to idle 0% even after calibrating my CH Yoke lever.

all the time as soon as I cut off the throttle I see my engine reverser on, thus my reverser lever never work.

If I disable my FSUIPC both lever and just use my keeboard the F1 for idle and F2 for reverser, all work fine.

I don't know what am I doing wrong. any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Hani

13 hours ago, walouigi said:

I am trying to set my FSUIPC for my throttle and my Reverser, and regardless of what I do the Throttle never come to idle 0% even after calibrating my CH Yoke lever.

all the time as soon as I cut off the throttle I see my engine reverser on, thus my reverser lever never work.

If you have a separate reverser you should be calibrating the throttle wth no reverse zone. Then you cannot obtain reverse with it.  And when calibrating make sure you have a good idle zone you can always set.

If you want more assistance you will need to state things like version of FS, version of FSUIPC, the aircraft being used, and how you assigned an calibrated throttle and reverser.

Pete

Hi Thomas and Pete,

Yes I disabled controller in P3D V4.5

Pete I use P3D V4.5 FSUIPC version is 5.154. I tried with many different planes payware and freeware.

like Project airbus, and AES A330. I assigned the joystick axis first to be calibrated within FSUIPC, and then I calibrated within.

For the throttle, I don't have a null zone I tried to use my CH product yoke with 3 axis 1 for throttle, one for reverser and one for the spoiler.

I even added a Saitek X52 to be used as a throttle alone and the CH only for reverser and that still cause conflict.

I have attached for you both my cfg and INI for your reeferneces

Thanks again for any help

Regards

Hani

FSUIPC5.ini

FSUIPC5.log

40 minutes ago, walouigi said:

I assigned the joystick axis first to be calibrated within FSUIPC, and then I calibrated within.

Yes, but what did you assign it TO? And where did you calibrate it (which page of the calibration options?

For the throttle, I don't have a null zone

But you should always have a little leeway at both extremes. Please follow the steps for calibration ennumerated in the User Guide.

I have attached for you both my cfg and INI for your reeferneces

Ah. Ok. I see you have assigned the Throttle "direct to calibration". so you actually need to calibrate. Try doing proper calibration.

With the throttle calibrated on the first calibration page in the options there is no way possible to engage reverse. I am therefore pretty sure that you have not actually properly disabled controllers in P3D. Please check again.

Where's your reverser assigned? It isn't in FSUIPC! So something else is processing the axes!

Pete

I  see you also have a Saitek X52 installed. Its axes aren't assigned in FSUIPC. Aren't you using it? I suspect P3D is auto-assigning axes on that, which means controllers definitely aren't disabled.

Or maybe you have installed SAitek software which is doing it somehow?

The Log you supplied is cut short just after FSUIPC has initialised, so I'm not really sure why you appended it.

Pete

Hi Pete,

I used Saitek  only to to see if my CH had a problem, and I assigned it within the first page of the axis assignment then in the calibration in Page 1 .

So I start to assigned 1 axis to throttle in page 1 and calibrate on the calibration page 1, then do the same for axis 2 and 3 for reverser and spoilers and also calibrate them in page 6 and 7.

This is for the CH without using saitek, and that did not work. So I tried to use the saitek as my throttle instead, and did only assign 1 axis to the throttle, just in case, and I see the problem still persist, were when I cut the throttle, the engines never go back to 0%, it goes between 1% and -0.3%. and I think this is the issue.

I did not install the saitek software knowing that I will use FSUIPC to calibrate

Hi Pete,

I figured out my problem, it was my USB connections that was sending wrong info to the sim, I have changed my USB connections and now I see all back to normal.

Little thing that no one think about lol

Thanks again for your help

Regards