The simFlight Network Forums

Project Magenta Glass Cockpit WXR Test Function

Dear Pete,

I trust all is ok with you at this time. 

I have two questions for you,  

1. Project magenta WXR Test. I can make it show the radar test sweep  on the GC via offset 04F4 2 (WORD) 380/1 in fsuipc but cannot switch it off. Do you know what i should put in the second "when switch unpressed section'.... The WXR test is activated via a leo bodnar board its a rotary switch. so its either on or something else is on....

image.thumb.png.317438d6b0309cacd01d6d2414797b9a.png

image.thumb.png.1dbca71820754cc858909153785f4257.png

Image result for wxr radar 737

2. This is linked to this topic:

After so many months i am still unable to make it work (note not the pushback,( but the firebell warn cutout). In essence, i active the engine fire via the instructor station. The firebell sounds. I cannot silence it by pressing the button on the glareshield. The MIP sixpack and fire/caution buttons are Cpflight. I do not know how to have FSUIPC read the Cpflight outputs. FSUIPC does not see the button press. 

I would really appreciate your or Thomas Richters kind input. I have contacted Cpflight but no answer unfortunately...

Thank you

1 hour ago, NicHer said:

1. Project magenta WXR Test. I can make it show the radar test sweep  on the GC via offset 04F4 2 (WORD) 380/1 in fsuipc but cannot switch it off. Do you know what i should put in the second "when switch unpressed section'

Sorry, no. I would assume you'd simple put a 0 or some other selection. You really need to ask at PM support. i've not been a PM user for many years.

1 hour ago, NicHer said:

After so many months i am still unable to make it work (note not the pushback,( but the firebell warn cutout). In essence, i active the engine fire via the instructor station. The firebell sounds. I cannot silence it by pressing the button on the glareshield. The MIP sixpack and fire/caution buttons are Cpflight. I do not know how to have FSUIPC read the Cpflight outputs. FSUIPC does not see the button press.

How do you program CPFlight buttons? If they provide a fire warn cutout button, what does it do? It must presunably do something?

Sorry, but i know nothing about CPFlight equipment, but I would have thought they provided some sort of documentation to enble you to configure things.

Maybe Thomas does know a bit about CPFlight stuff, but you might need to post again with CPFlight in the title to sttract his attention.

Pete

Hi,

just by looking at the PM-Offset list it makes it clear which value to use

0x04F4 -> value 380/1 WXR/Radar Test On/Off

0x04F4 -> value 380 for ON
0x04F4 -> value 381 for OFF

Same is true for NAV1/2 Test

0x04F4 -> value 382/3 NAV1 Test On/Off
0x04F4 -> value 382 for ON
0x04F4 -> value 383 for OFF

0x04F4 -> value 384/5 NAV2 Test On/Off
0x04F4 -> value 384 for ON
0x04F4 -> value 385 for OFF

As CPFlight provides a manual for IO-Board it clearly describes all connections, all of them are hard-coded in fixed connector positions. The bord is handled via their MCP direct in PM-MCP and maybe PM-Systems software. Any question about that can only be answered by PM-support as they are the only ones they know.

https://cpflight.com/docs/prodotti/18/MIP737SE.pdf

Any question about the board itself can only be answered, as Pete already pointed out, by CPFlight support.

Thomas