The simFlight Network Forums

Flaps and spoilers missalingned

etopsbr

Looking carefully at these images, the angle of view is slightly different between port and starboard wings, which could partly account for it, but there does seem to be some perspective error  on the port wing, particularly with the innermost spoiler. To me, the opening angle in flight looks more like the ground spoiler operation.

I am not convinced about the flap alighnment being due to wingflex. It looks much more like they are just not properly aligned when retracted.

I suppose many users would not notice either of these issues, but they detract from the good work done on this update, and really should not be there.

1 hour ago, Biggles2010 said:

Looking carefully at these images, the angle of view is slightly different between port and starboard wings, which could partly account for it, but there does seem to be some perspective error  on the port wing, particularly with the innermost spoiler. To me, the opening angle in flight looks more like the ground spoiler operation.

I am not convinced about the flap alighnment being due to wingflex. It looks much more like they are just not properly aligned when retracted.

I suppose many users would not notice either of these issues, but they detract from the good work done on this update, and really should not be there.

That's a huge difference to be appointed as a perspective of the shot. Any angle you look this thing is wrong. And I agree that the deflection angle is the same of the ground operation.

As of the wings, the gap is too big and the surfaces aren't alingned. 

Yes, I think there are some significant errors in the modelling and rendering that should not be there. And other issues are still being reported after the SP.

I was very pleased with the v2 Ejets and built a cockpit around it, but this version, considering the price,  does not seem to meet current standards of performance or appearance.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

Yes, I think there are some significant errors in the modelling and rendering that should not be there. And other issues are still being reported after the SP.

I was very pleased with the v2 Ejets and built a cockpit around it, but this version, considering the price,  does not seem to meet current standards of performance or appearance.

I agree wholeheartedly. 

Looks like the wings were neglected in this version (also reported by me in another thread).

The wings and trailing edge flaps are not modeled correctly to a point the e-jets v2 wing view looks better.

The leading edge however is really nicely done with the chrome/PBR effects.

• Like 1

your post will be read. not all posts will result in an immediate response. when more information is needed a member of the feelThere team will make a request. ... please trust that when a solution(s) is available the information will be posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm reporting more wing/flap modelling issues on the E195 model only - 

Flap structure on right wing ONLY is incorrect - 261555853_Rightwing.thumb.gif.843815cbdc440396e34ea1c74e6b02a9.gif

Left wing is fine (in comparison) - 

1281216353_Leftwing.thumb.gif.6421bc409b298fadd8aadfe018a0dc14.gif

Speed brakes from back view completely missing when EXTENDED FULLY on left wing view only - 

573837742_Missingspeedbrakes.thumb.gif.835761d95ffeb13c2775ae4519684ca0.gif

The speed brakes on right wing view are fine and extending correctly.

Can someone please acknowledge these critical modelling issues will be fixed?

Thanks and stay healthy!

14 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Could you please re-test it again? If you look some other post someone just reported the opposite stating the left spoilers are OK

It depends on the angle which is weird, if I look back from the forward part of the cabin the spoilers appear fine.

It seems there is a general inconsistency of the wing parts/animation when looking from different areas of the aircraft.

From external view everything is good.

And another good point which was fixed in SP1 and wasn't mentioned was that now the engines can be seen from within the cabin when looking out to the wing view

9 minutes ago, FeelThere said:

Shom,

About the missing spoilers:
Have you applied the SP1? Do they "re-appear"when closed ? is the aircraft on the ground or in the air at this point ?  Are the spoilers on both sides missing or just one ?

Yes this observation is done on SP1.

The aircraft is in the air and can the issue can be reproduced easily - look out towards the wing from the angle I've posted and as you extend the spoiler to max it will be visible throughout the animation until it reaches max position and at this point the spoiler suddenly disappears.

The spoilers do appear again when closed and the issue is on the left wing only.