The simFlight Network Forums

Tower!3D - Configuration survey

DeltaVII

Hey guys,

I'm planning on buying a new PC within the next two months or so. Since I have some issues with the game crashing (which I think might be driver or hardware issues despite having them updated regularly) and sometimes jerky graphics, I'm just curious on what kind of hardware you're running it on, especially CPU, RAM, graphics card, and chipset? And do you experience any problems (aside from the installation path)?

The reason for my issues are clear when you see my config:

• CPU: AMD A10-5800K
  • Chipset: AMD 75
  • RAM: 2x 4GB PC-12800
  • Graphics: Radeon RX 560 4GB

The main point I'm chewing on with the new one is: Nvidia or AMD?

(I'd appreciate, if @FeelThere could give a hint how the recommended specs for the next Tower version will look like. I want to be prepared...)

Thanks!

Look at build specs for a machine to run XPlane 11 and/or P3DV5.

Build your computer from the ground up.  Off the shelf computers bring many problems.  An OEM Win10pro home build gaming desktop, free of the adware and 'user enhancements' are much better.

2 hours ago, scoobflight said:

Build your computer from the ground up.  Off the shelf computers bring many problems.

I know. That's what I keep advocating to my clients, too. I myself never do it any differently, except for buying customizable, pre-configured systems from a system house where I don't have to check for every possible incompatibility, but I do the Windows installation myself.

• Upvote 1