The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS problem with Fsuipc6 and P3D v5

Hello,

I have a client program which uses FSUIPCConnection.SendKeyToFS via WideFs to activate the GSX menu in P3D. Then I can make a choice from the client program with the call FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS. I send one of these values:

67145   SIMCONNECT_MENU_0
67136   SIMCONNECT_MENU_1
67137   SIMCONNECT_MENU_2
67138   SIMCONNECT_MENU_3
67139   SIMCONNECT_MENU_4
67140   SIMCONNECT_MENU_5
67141   SIMCONNECT_MENU_6
67142   SIMCONNECT_MENU_7
67143   SIMCONNECT_MENU_8
67144   SIMCONNECT_MENU_9

In P3D v4.5 this works without any problem, in v5 this doesn't work anymore. Could it be Fsuipc6? Or maybe something has changes for those text menus in P3D? 
It is an easy fix, replaced the call to FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS with FSUIPCConnection.SendKeyToFS and send the corrct number key. But I was just wondering why it is broken?

Regards,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I can't test this here as I don't have P3D. If other controls work it could be a P3D or Simconnect bug.

I think @John Dowson will be able to look into this a bit more.

In the mean time, a useful test would be to map a key or joystick press directly to one of these menu controls. See if these controls work there.

Paul

2 hours ago, robvanderwiele said:

In P3D v4.5 this works without any problem, in v5 this doesn't work anymore. Could it be Fsuipc6? Or maybe something has changes for those text menus in P3D? 
It is an easy fix, replaced the call to FSUIPCConnection.SendControlToFS with FSUIPCConnection.SendKeyToFS and send the corrct number key. But I was just wondering why it is broken?

Someone else reported this in the Support Forum. I think it is a change (bug or omission) in P3D5 (among many others it seems, reading reports). It would be worth reporting in L-M's website.

I've never had consistent results using those controls in any case, and reverted to using plain numeric Key Presses long ago.

Pete