The simFlight Network Forums

Mp stuck all the time

xmrjordyx

Hi all,

So we are trying to do a MP but its not working.
If he host, i get stuck at 81% and he at 90%. If i host i am stuck at 9% and he will get in game.

We installed RT, RC and the DLC airports, no succes. Both are on the same version of the game (steam).

What do we need to do!

1 hour ago, xmrjordyx said:

Hi all,

So we are trying to do a MP but its not working.
If he host, i get stuck at 81% and he at 90%. If i host i am stuck at 9% and he will get in game.

We installed RT, RC and the DLC airports, no succes. Both are on the same version of the game (steam).

What do we need to do!

I'm going to assume you both have the airport you are trying to play. There's something in your traffic files that is not in synch. Your schedule and other files need to be exactly the same. 

FYI - RC doesn't matter when it comes to multiplayer. None, one, or both can have RC and it doesn't matter.

Same thing happens to me sometimes.  I'm setting up games between 2 computers on my internal LAN, which I would think should be the least problematic way, but apparently not. For me though if I close both sides and relaunch it eventually gets connected.  Both computers running  exact same versions of game components.

Don't know if  they're related,  but I also have the issue of almost every multiplayer game gets interrupted by a "connection lost" message that I have not been able to  figure out a resolution to.  It's not my LAN,  everything else on it works perfectly.  Even if I try using a crossover cable between the two computers so it totally takes the network out of the picture it still eventually fails with a "connection lost."  Would love to figure out how to correct this.

29 minutes ago, xmrjordyx said:

Ok this happend. We get the game to work with KDWF with the vanilla schedule. But when we use the cs for KDWF, the game gets stuck...

Is it guaranteed that you use exactly the same files?

kdfw_airlines.txt
kdfw_airplanes.txt
kdfw_airports.txt
kdfw_gaandlocaltraffic.txt
kdfw_schedule.txt
kdfw_terminal.txt

18 minutes ago, xmrjordyx said:

What is the loading time of the cs if we use the whole day?

This may vary. I'd say somewhere between 20 seconds and two minutes.

However, I would not recommend loading a full day, especially in multiplayer. Ideally you use schedules up to a maximum of 6 hours.