The simFlight Network Forums

PFC DLL driver for serial device (MSFS2020)

Aircom

12 hours ago, zfehr said:

Maybe I missed an instruction but if there is a way to bring up the GUI for the PFC.dll there are some settings I would like to change and check on.

Don't you see an extra entry in the FSUIPC menu for PFC?

I just tested again, and the menu bar shows "AddOns" when the PFCcom64.dll driver is started, and its PFC entry is within that.

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson

5 hours ago, thinkfast said:

I've got a PFC C2 Pro Panel the new USB version.  Are you saying it should work native with MSFS2020?  I was assuming that I'd be joining the testing effort for fsuipc7 but now I'm confused.  I've just finished the install, and haven't tried anything yet. Should I be using fsuipc7?

As John says, for PFC devices with normal Joystick USB configurations you don't need any special software. But that's only applicable to devices recognised by Windows as joysticks. MSFS should recognise them too if so.

However, I think the PFC Cirrus 2 Pro is a non-Joystick type of HID device.  If so you'd need FSUIPC7.exe + PFChid64.dll.

Were you using this device previously with FSX or P3D?  If so then it's the same method.

Pete

2 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

I just tested again, and the menu bar shows "AddOns" when the PFCcom64.dll driver is started, and its PFC entry is within that.

Pete

No such menu entry for me... and it was the same as in the screenshot when the sim was running.

fsuipc.jpg

8 minutes ago, Aircom said:

No such menu entry for me...

Your image shows 'Simulator not detected'. The PFC config panel, and Add-on drop-down menu, with the PFC menu entry, only appear once the sim is detected and FSUIPC7 has a working SimConnect connection (i.e. status of 'Connected'). This is because the driver waits for the 'Ready-to-fly' flag to be set before it finishes initialisation.

John

41 minutes ago, John Dowson said:

Your image shows 'Simulator not detected'. The PFC config panel, and Add-on drop-down menu, with the PFC menu entry, only appear once the sim is detected and FSUIPC7 has a working SimConnect connection (i.e. status of 'Connected'). This is because the driver waits for the 'Ready-to-fly' flag to be set before it finishes initialisation.

John

Sorry, you were right. I missed it.

3 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

Found it... must be going blind! Don't recall seeing it the first couple times.

Appears to function same as in FSX. I put my configuration like I am used to using.

23 hours ago, zfehr said:

Was able to get a short flight during lunch. 3 CTD before successfully getting a flight to load, stuttering is bad but that has already been addressed as a SimConnect.dll problem on their side (my computer is same specs as those running Ultra during Beta testing smoothly). RIC fully functional (ADF knob, CRS knob, HDG knob, Alt knob, BRG1 knob and BRG2 knob). Radio stack tunes and changes frequencies in both com units and both nav units. Transponder codes match screen display and tune properly. I'll get a chance later this evening to test autopilot and other button functions. I was unable to bring up the GUI for the PFC.dll, it does bring up the test function on startup and that is working properly. FSUIPC 7 does indicate movements of controls and button presses but the PFC.dll has the programming set to functions and they are blank in FSUIPC 7 (which I believe is how it is intended). Maybe I missed an instruction but if there is a way to bring up the GUI for the PFC.dll there are some settings I would like to change and check on.

Thanks,

Zane

To add on the my last post on functionality of PFC.dll with PFC Cirrus II BATD.

The cowl flaps does not appear to work, I will probably be able to get FSUIPC to recognize the button press and program that way if MSFS recognizes it.
The Alternator switches appear to toggle only when pressed in the "off" direction and no change noted when pressed in the "on" direction.
The "Anti Ice" switch on the Cirrus II does not appear to do anything in the sim.
The rudder and aileron trim knobs do rotate the visible trim wheels in the Baron although the aileron appears to be reversed visually but does work correctly, the rudder appears to visually move the cockpit wheel but has no effect on flight (I will have to make sure there is not a setting that is keeping this from working in MSFS).

Zane 

Hi all,

All my primary controls are PFC (the older type but have usb plugs). And are unable to be properly calibrated in ms2020. I am very keen to test FSUIPC 7. However can someone kindly point me to the download and installation instructions. I have trouble following all the abbreviations these days. 🙁

I have used FSUIPC for many years now and love it. I hope v7 will save me from pulling out more hair.

Thank you

Roger

On 8/19/2020 at 3:41 AM, Pete Dowson said:

As John says, for PFC devices with normal Joystick USB configurations you don't need any special software. But that's only applicable to devices recognised by Windows as joysticks. MSFS should recognise them too if so.

However, I think the PFC Cirrus 2 Pro is a non-Joystick type of HID device.  If so you'd need FSUIPC7.exe + PFChid64.dll.

Were you using this device previously with FSX or P3D?  If so then it's the same method.

Pete

Thanks Pete, 

No I'm new to the community, I've been X-Plane bound, but looking to spread my wings.   I'll give it a shot and pass along any issues I find.  

Cheers,

Thinkfast