The simFlight Network Forums

Your FSX-SE installation is incorrect!

When installing FSUIPC4 for FSX:SE I get the error "Your FSX-SE installation is incorrect! The version of SimConnect installed will not run FSUIPC4. You may need to reapir the installation to rectify this first." I have tried uninstalling FSX multiple times and installing SimConnect from the SDK/Core Utilities Kit/SimConnect SDK and installing all the .msi in the sub folders there. This is the install.log file.

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.974

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...
     SetupPath=E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
     Parameter"Install_Path"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX-SE!  <<< ...

************ BUT this is the same path as for FSX! Will only install for FSX-SE ************

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v1 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
Not there, so looking in:
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v3 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...
===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX-SE:
SetupPath="E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\"
Checking version of the FSX-SE EXE:
... Version 10.0.62615.0  (Need at least 10.0.62607.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

6 hours ago, Arrow_Plays said:

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect: ... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

Did you run the Installer "as administrator"? 

If you are sure you did, then I'm afraid something went wrong with your SimConnect installs.  There should be a SimConnect.dll is one of the C:\Windows\winsxs folders. For example, I have all four versions installed here and these are the folders:

C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297
C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20
C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568
C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_8791cf09e30348a9_10.0.62617.0_none_68d0ad6179edc71a

These folders will be protected against reading or writing unless you are an Administrator or run the program as administrator.

Pete

Hi,

@Arrow_Plays

to me that same thing happened but after already for longer time having FSX-SE installed and suddenly FSUIPC4 came up on FSX-SE start with the error message that there is no compatibility SimConnect installed. The only change was an Win10 update / improvement.

Reinstalling SimConnect versions then still gave on FSUIPC4 installation the same errror you get. Note, the FSX-SE version I installed was NOT the latest FSX-SE Beta version as the installer works only for the Non-Beta FSX-SE version..

Multiple reinstallations of FSX-SE after even cleaning the registry couldn't fix. In case I couldn't find a solution, I instead installed the P3Dv3 version for testing things. That happend maybe 2 month ago and I didn't tried again up to now, I might try again and let you know.

Thomas

13 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Did you run the Installer "as administrator"? 

There is no option to run the msi file as an Administrator, but I'm assuming it does run as an Administrator because when I double click on it to install UAC pops up and asks me to confirm if I want to install it. I can confirm that they are getting installed because I can see them in the Uninstall area in Control Panel.

13 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

There should be a SimConnect.dll is one of the C:\Windows\winsxs folders. For example, I have all four versions installed here and these are the folders:

I looked in the C:\Windows\winsxs\ folder and there was no folder in there that looked like x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect... In fact there were no folders that even mentioned flightsimulator.

3 hours ago, Thomas Richter said:

The only change was an Win10 update / improvement.

Could it possibly be because I am running a Insider Preview of Windows 10? I haven't had a problem with it before but it might be causing issues now.

Arrow

Edited by Arrow_Plays

1 hour ago, Arrow_Plays said:

I looked in the C:\Windows\winsxs\ folder and there was no folder in there that looked like x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect... In fact there were no folders that even mentioned flightsimulator.

That's why FSUIPC's Installer can't find them, then. Something is stopping the SimConnect installers working correctly.

Can you find a SimConnect.dll anywhere on your system? If we knew where it had installed it might help.  You never know, you might be able to make the correct WinSxS folder (as pin my earlier message), and copy it there -- allusing an Explorer in Administrator mode, obviously!

To find files I use a program called "Everything" which is excellent at quickly searching complete systems for files. Get it from https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/An excellent and very useful program -- and it's free (well, donation-ware).

Another thing which might be worth trying is temporarily turning off UAC (user account control) and re-running the SimConnect installers. You don't need all of them anyway, just the latest you have.

Pete

12 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Can you find a SimConnect.dll anywhere on your system? If we knew where it had installed it might help.  You never know, you might be able to make the correct WinSxS folder (as pin my earlier message), and copy it there -- allusing an Explorer in Administrator mode, obviously!

To find files I use a program called "Everything" which is excellent at quickly searching complete systems for files. Get it from https://www.voidtools.com/downloads/An excellent and very useful program -- and it's free (well, donation-ware).

I installed the Everything program and serached for SimConnect and it found Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll in

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect\10.0.61242_31bf3856ad364e35

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect\10.0.60905.0__31bf3856ad364e35

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect\10.0.61259.0__31bf3856ad364e35

I tried making and moving the dll files to the correct WinSxS but it said I need administrator privileges so I gave ownership of the folder to myself and it still said I need administrator privileges.

Arrow

Seems one of the Win10 updates has changed how the Side-by-Side installation works. Though I don't understand why Arrow gets them in 

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\

whilst Thomas gets them in:

C:\Windows\WinSxS\Fusion\

Which makes a little more sense -- still in WinSxS but another level down! 😞

I'll see what I can do to deal with these variations.

Pete

On 5/7/2020 at 11:11 PM, Arrow_Plays said:

I just ran the downgrade and am now on build 19608 and it still gives the same error on Install.

I've test the Installer on my Win10 system and it worked fine, but I am on what I thought was the latest (or it was not long ago, when I last checked. And no automatic updates have occurred since then)::

Win10: 1909 build 18363.592

Your 19608 seems a lot later. Are you sure that isn't just an earlier 2004 build? 

I've made a version of the Installer which looks through all three possible folder names now, and Thomas tested with his 2004 install and still gets the problems. Something has definitely changed for the worse in at least one of the standard Windows APIs I am using here. So, sorry, this may well take a little while to resolve. I've been all day on it here and not achieved much so far except more bafflement.

Oh, one other thing. If you are using “Everything” for the search then i just discovered that that normally (for me) infallible program doesn’t actually find everything it ought to in those folders! I had to sort the folders in Explorer then scroll through them manually to find things!

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Your 19608 seems a lot later. Are you sure that isn't just an earlier 2004 build? 

Yes I think it may be an earlier 2004 build I am in the fast ring on Windows Insider so that's probably why. The full build number is 19608.rs_prerelease.200410-1438

So, sorry, this may well take a little while to resolve. I've been all day on it here and not achieved much so far except more bafflement.

All good, I'm not in any hurry to get it working, I appreciate your help! I'm currently tyring to copy the folders that are in the Fusion folder back into the WinSxS folder without running into permission errors so that it will hopefully detect it.

Oh, one other thing. If you are using “Everything” for the search then i just discovered that that normally (for me) infallible program doesn’t actually find everything it ought to in those folders! I had to sort the folders in Explorer then scroll through them manually to find things!

I just searched for SimConnect using Explorer and it found a Simconnect.dll in the same folder that Thomas's was in and there are three of them.

Arrow

10 minutes ago, Arrow_Plays said:

I'm currently tyring to copy the folders that are in the Fusion folder back into the WinSxS folder without running into permission errors so that it will hopefully detect it.

Just an update on this. I used this PowerShell Command as an Administartor:

Copy-Item -Path "C:\Windows\WinSxS\Fusion\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_none_48d5d2360f51e4d0" -Destination "C:\Windows\WinSxS" -Recurse

To copy the files over and just changed the x86... folder to the different names of each folder. This worked for copying the folders over to the WinSxS folder but when I ran FSUIPC installer again it still gave the same error.

Arrow

Pete

I'm having the same issues as above. I've tried absolutely everything, Including downloading the latest version. As far as I can tell all the Simconnect.ddl are in the correct Folders but still getting the error message.

Any Help is appreciated

Daniel

11 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Please download FSUIPC 4.975. now released. This works on the Windows 2004 insider updates, and also now supports FSX-SE Beta build 63003 for proper connection to Simconnect (but the hacked facilities are still not included).

Pete

I just downloaded the new version and I still get the same error. First I just tried it without the beta branch of it and it gave the same error. Then I tried installing the beta branch and now when I go to install it it just crashes at the point where it looks for SimConnect.dll files and doesn't create an error log.

Arrow

1 hour ago, Arrow_Plays said:

I just downloaded the new version and I still get the same error. First I just tried it without the beta branch of it and it gave the same error. Then I tried installing the beta branch and now when I go to install it it just crashes at the point where it looks for SimConnect.dll files and doesn't create an error log.

That's strange. I wonder what can be different about your Win10 2004 install? Thomas tested it fine on his (I am not a Windows Insider so haven't got it yet).  Here I tested on Win7 and Win10 1909.

Anyway, I need to see the Installer log. I cannot do anything without information.  If the install attempt with the non-Beta FSX-SE aborted without crashing it will have produced a Log fil, which I need to see.

If the install attempt with the Beta crashed, there may or may not be a partial log prouced to that point. If not, if a picture of the one-screen log can be captured, p[ease d0 so. Either way, I need to crash details from the Windows Event Viewer.

This is what I see in my Install Log for the non-Beta FSX-SE:

... Version 10.0.62615.0  (Need at least 10.0.62607.0)
    Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\Windows\WinSxS\Fusion\*SimConnect*"
    Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\Windows\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.60905.0*"
    Found the path, now trying "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297\SimConnect.dll"
Found SimConnect build 10.0.60905.0
    Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\Windows\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.62615.0*"
    Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\Windows\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.61242.0*"
    Found the path, now trying "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20\SimConnect.dll"
Found SimConnect build 10.0.61242.0
    Looking for SimConnect.dll with "C:\Windows\WinSxS\*SimConnect*10.0.61259.0*"
    Found the path, now trying "C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568\SimConnect.dll"
Found SimConnect build 10.0.61259.0

Now of course I have also been using other programs which interface via Simconnect and those tend to be written for FSX rather than FSX-SE specifically, so I have the FSX RTM (60905), SP1 (61242) and ACC (61259) SimConnnects installed. Perhaps, as a test you could try installig those too -- you'll find them in the LegacyInterface folder (please see the IMPORTANT note included in the ZIP).

5 hours ago, Daniel Gamble said:

I'm having the same issues as above. I've tried absolutely everything, Including downloading the latest version. As far as I can tell all the Simconnect.ddl are in the correct Folders but still getting the error message.

Same for you. I need information please.

Pete

Anyway, I need to see the Installer log. I cannot do anything without information.  If the install attempt with the non-Beta FSX-SE aborted without crashing it will have produced a Log fil, which I need to see.

Here's the log that it produced for the non-beta install:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.974

Looking in registry for FSX install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
     Parameter"SetupPath"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX!  <<< ...

Looking in registry for FSX-SE install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DovetailGames\FSX
     Parameter"Install_Path"
... >>>  OK! FOUND FSX-SE!  <<< ...

************ BUT this is the same path as for FSX! Will only install for FSX-SE ************

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v1 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LockheedMartin\Prepar3D
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v2 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

Looking in registry for Prepar3D v3 install path:
     HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
     Parameter"SetupPath"
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3
     Parameter"AppPath"
... NOT found! ...

INSTALLATION FOR FSX-SE:
SetupPath="E:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\"
... Version 10.0.62615.0  (Need at least 10.0.62607.0)
... Failed to find a valid SimConnect needed to use FSUIPC4!

*************** End of Install Log ***************

This is a screenshot of the install window just before it crashes for the Beta Install: image.png.496ce7f37a843ac688999067dd3ffeae.png

Here is the information from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Install FSUIPC4.exe, version: 4.9.7.4, time stamp: 0x5a915076
Faulting module name: Install FSUIPC4.exe, version: 4.9.7.4, time stamp: 0x5a915076
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00008b6d
Faulting process id: 0x2c14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d627ecbbf5ac6e
Faulting application path: C:\Users\xboxo\Downloads\Install FSUIPC4.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\xboxo\Downloads\Install FSUIPC4.exe
Report Id: 640ff3da-927d-4a73-8501-9648b92611e5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

image.png.720537114e7112140b6a03b6bba21761.png

Fault bucket 1955282354984595770, type 1
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Install FSUIPC4.exe
P2: 4.9.7.4
P3: 5a915076
P4: Install FSUIPC4.exe
P5: 4.9.7.4
P6: 5a915076
P7: c0000005
P8: 00008b6d
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER644D.tmp.mdmp
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER64AC.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER64BC.tmp.xml
WPR_initiated_DiagTrackMiniLogger_OneTrace User Logger 20200508 1 Event Collector_0_inject.etl
\\?\C:\Users\xboxo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER651B.tmp.etl
WPR_initiated_DiagTrackMiniLogger_WPR System Collector_inject.etl
\\?\C:\Users\xboxo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER651C.tmp.etl
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6518.tmp.csv
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER6538.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Install FSUIPC4._ed73b9f97969c69a8dd0fd1a6f3da98d101e9ccd_fa3323d8_b0226ad7-629d-4abe-8a44-9f9c47d6e492

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: 640ff3da-927d-4a73-8501-9648b92611e5
Report Status: 268435456
Hashed bucket: 28bdaf86909db9933b228ef13c72313a
Cab Guid: 0

image.thumb.png.fd5d9149be0d52ecc594d3d6df422f83.png

Now of course I have also been using other programs which interface via Simconnect and those tend to be written for FSX rather than FSX-SE specifically, so I have the FSX RTM (60905), SP1 (61242) and ACC (61259) SimConnnects installed. Perhaps, as a test you could try installig those too -- you'll find them in the LegacyInterface folder (please see the IMPORTANT note included in the ZIP).

I just installed all of those and it still get's the same error.

Arrow

image.png

10 minutes ago, Thomas Richter said:

Hi Arrow,

all log files you show here are still related to FSUIPC4.974 but the latest is FSUIPC4.975.

I see the fsuipc.com page wasn't updated yet, please download from the link below and run the installer again, it should show you the correct current version 4.975

Install FSUIPC4.975

Thomas

Thank you so much, that fixed the problem and is now working. Thank you for your help Pete.

Arrow