The simFlight Network Forums

Weather radar with ASP3D

Hi Pete and John,

with the release of the Active Sky Beta for P3DV5 we are almost at the point, where we can use the new simulator as standard environment 🙂

I've seen that they made some changes to the weather radar interface and I've also recognized, that FSUIPC is not creating a radar-file at the moment.

So just wanted to know, if you're planning to update the weather radar interface in the future?

Some Prosim-Users already asked for that functionality too 😉

Keep up the good work!

Marc

Hi John,

This version 6.0.8 seems to crash P3D v5 hotfix 1.

I have only ASP3D (the latest beta version fo P3D v5) and FSUIPC 6.0.8 installed.

When either of these 2 are enabled on their own via Options/add-ons the simulator starts no problem.

But when both these add-ons are enabled the sim crashes a few seconds after you press OK to start the sim loading, so not even the load progress bar appears.

So the sim loads to the UI, and when you press OK to load the sim, the crash occurs. 

Log file attached, and I see this error in Windows 10

Description
Faulting Application Path:	D:\P3Dv5PP\Prepar3D.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
Application Name:	Prepar3D.exe
Application Version:	5.0.24.34874
Application Timestamp:	5eab3677
Fault Module Name:	KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version:	10.0.19041.207
Fault Module Timestamp:	746c1866
Exception Code:	c0020001
Exception Offset:	0000000000023e49
OS Version:	10.0.19041.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID:	7177
Additional Information 1:	f250
Additional Information 2:	f250b6f844b895bd26f6fc5911f907eb
Additional Information 3:	544d
Additional Information 4:	544d18eaf8ba29db2c74f02847a8154e

FSUIPC6.log

1 hour ago, jannier said:

I have only ASP3D (the latest beta version fo P3D v5) and FSUIPC 6.0.8 installed.

When either of these 2 are enabled on their own via Options/add-ons the simulator starts no problem.

But when both these add-ons are enabled the sim crashes a few seconds after you press OK to start the sim loading, so not even the load progress bar appears.

I have them both running together fine, no trouble. The only difference in FSUIPC for ASP3D is to reference the revised name for the installed "AS_connect" DLL.

Functions in that DLL are used to obtained the rain cloud  matrix data set, and other values not otherwise available.  And the functions called are identical to the previous version, and HiFi have assured me there's no change in the interface. So the change in FSUIPC amounts to just changing the characters "64" to "v5" in the DLL name when P3Dv5 is being used.

Can you please send your report to the HiFi support forum, to see if they have a view on this? It really sounds like there must be a problem with the ASP3D install.

Pete

39 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

I have them both running together fine, no trouble. The only difference in FSUIPC for ASP3D is to reference the revised name for the installed "AS_connect" DLL.

Functions in that DLL are used to obtained the rain cloud  matrix data set, and other values not otherwise available.  And the functions called are identical to the previous version, and HiFi have assured me there's no change in the interface. So the change in FSUIPC amounts to just changing the characters "64" to "v5" in the DLL name when P3Dv5 is being used.

Can you please send your report to the HiFi support forum, to see if they have a view on this? It really sounds like there must be a problem with the ASP3D install.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Let us test some more and make sure there are not any other factors causing this (something external)

Will get in touch with Damian and Kostas privately via email. 

Hi Pete,

Just to let you know the issue is resolved. Seems to have been a memory issue.

After a reboot everything was working normally again, but then later I had a few hiccups again.

I recently installed new memory on my computer went from 16GB CL14 3200MHz to 32GB CL16 3600MHz, the memory was confirmed by the manufacturer to be compatible.

Switched back to the old memory and all has been running smooth for the last few hours, So will contact the supplier and RMA these for a different set, only got them less than 14 days ago.

Sorry to have troubled you. I should do as I preach to our customers, Reboot your pc and see if the error goes away!! 🤪 Then trouble shoot.