The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Key mapping Backup

Hi,

I have a question.  regarding FSUIPC v5 and P3Dv4.5

Due to a few ongoing issues I decided to delete my P3D CFG file and start again.  (I did back it up) When P3D restarts with the re built CFG file all of the controls are back to the default and none of the hardware/panels I own works. 

I was under the impression that the back up for FSUIPC/settings was kept in the Modules folder in the main P3 D Folder? So should have nothing to do with the CFG?    Am I missing something as I can find no entry relevant to FSUIPC files with in the CFG file?  Any help much appreciated.  Sure I can reprogram all of the surfaces but that's a couple of hours work.  

Many thanks

Andy

Edited by Andy 764

I stumbled upon this whilst away to start my own topic.

Anyways as you say the FSUIPC.ini file is located in the modules folder.

To save having to reprogram and remap (or indeed making mistakes) I save a backup copy of this in a separate area (along with other FSX config files).

That way if you have to reinstall, you have the option of reinstating the old settings (either in whole or in part).

3 hours ago, Andy 764 said:

I was under the impression that the back up for FSUIPC/settings was kept in the Modules folder in the main P3 D Folder? So should have nothing to do with the CFG?

Correct, though it isn't a "backup".  All of FSUIPC5's settings are in the FSUIPC5.INI file, in the Modules folder. There is no relation at all between FSUIPC settings and P3D settings. It is up to you to make a backup for safety, by copying the file and any Lua plug-ins, Profile files and macro files from the Modules folder to a backup place of your choosing.

By resorting to default P3D settings you have probably re-enabled all of its controllers and the resulting default P3D assignments would interfere with any joystick settings you made in FSUIPC. You'll need to go into P3D and disable controlers (again).

Pete

For all versions of FSUIPC, your settings are in the ini file - FSUIPC4,ini for FSUIPC4, FSUIPC5.ini for FSUIP5 and FSUIPC6.ini for FSUIPC6. They have nothing to do with the Prepar3d.cfg file.

Due to a few ongoing issues I decided to delete my P3D CFG file and start again

This will not affect FSUIPC. However, if you previously had controllers disabled in P3D, restoring a default P3D cfg file will re-enable controllers.

I was under the impression that the back up for FSUIPC/settings was kept in the Modules folder in the main P3 D Folder

That is the default installation folder for FSUIPC5, where your FSUIPC5.ini will be.

If you re-installed P3D completely, this may/will have removed the entry to start FSUIPC, in the dlll.xml file. To add this again, just re-run the FSUIPC5 installer. Skip registration, as you already have a .key file, and you settings/.ini is also preserved on re-installation.

John