The simFlight Network Forums

Traffic Flow at KLGA

FS1TR

I just bought KLGA and was looking for a you tube  video;.  I wanted to see what the normal traffic flow looked like.  According to faa.gov the most common runway set up  is arrivals on 22 and departures on 13.  I was unable to find any videos that used this runway set up.  Does anyone here use this set up and, if so,  can you give me some advice for traffic flow

Tom

1 hour ago, FS1TR said:

I just bought KLGA and was looking for a you tube  video;.  I wanted to see what the normal traffic flow looked like.  According to faa.gov the most common runway set up  is arrivals on 22 and departures on 13.  I was unable to find any videos that used this runway set up.  Does anyone here use this set up and, if so,  can you give me some advice for traffic flow

Tom

Check out https://nyartcc.org/znywiki/index.php/LGA_SOP

Hi Tom,

The way I do it for that set up is all departures down B-P (Even turn some of them to run wrong way so they don't trip over each other eg. out of terminals 6 & 7 taxi A-M,NorZ-B-P. The trickier ones are B Terminal and the like, you just need a bit of patience to get them through.

All arrivals just use B-A.

The tricky part is the timing, try to get a departure across 22 and a departure off 13 at the same time between arrivals!

6 hours ago, FS1TR said:

Thanks for trying but I didn't see anything that helped with taxiway usage.,  I was trying to find out how departures were sent to 13 and how arrivals got back to their ramp.

Tom

Actually Tom, you need to try a little harder. 😀 You need to expand some links/sections to see what @Salad is showing. It's all there and more.