The simFlight Network Forums

Triggering a virtual button from Prosim

P3D 4.5, Prosim 2.30, CPflight h/w connected via the MCP, FSUIPC 5

I am trying to get FSUIPC to recognize as a button the movement of the I/C switch on my CPflight ASP (Audio Sound panel)

But I cannot get FSUIPC (version 5) to recognize a virtual button.  I went into prosim/configuration/Gates and selected the I/C on the captain side to FSUIPC 32 bit U with the offset 0x3340.0 (see attached pic) but when I go into FSUIPC buttons tab (with everything running including P3D, prosim system, prosim MCP), it does not sense the moving of the I/C switch as a button.

I tried other offsets (3344.0, 3352.0) but still no joy.  I checked that the I/C switch hardware is working, it is recognized by the CPflight hardware test all ok.  

I would be very grateful if you can shed light on this!

Charles

20200730_123715.jpg

58 minutes ago, CBB said:

But I cannot get FSUIPC (version 5) to recognize a virtual button.  I went into prosim/configuration/Gates and selected the I/C on the captain side to FSUIPC 32 bit U with the offset 0x3340.0 (see attached pic) but when I go into FSUIPC buttons tab (with everything running including P3D, prosim system, prosim MCP), it does not sense the moving of the I/C switch as a button.

I use virtual buttons extensively, but I've never tried any ProSim outputs to a virtual button. I do, however, use virtual buttons for many operations from within my cockpit, using the WideClient "ButtonScreen" facility which makes full use of virtual buttons.

If the bit you selected is being changed, FSUIPC will most certainly recognise it and allow you to assign to it, so I don't think it is being set. Did you check? Use FSUIPC's offset Monitor (right-hand side of the Logging tab) to log any changes to 3340 to the 'normal log'.

I think you need to check that the signal is indeed being seen by ProSim. Have you asked on the ProSim forum? How does CPFlight send that switch to ProSim?

i know things are very busy now with ProSimV3 Beta (I am testing it myself, eager to take advantage of all the improvements), but someone may be able to spot what is wrong.

Pete

Thanks, Pete, yes I have posted this on the prosim forum.  I got this idea from another Prosim post in the following link, where he managed to do the same thing, albeit with the R/T switch and not the I/C switch but it is the same principle - see Step 3

https://prosim-ar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=16468&p=116361&hilit=Configure+CPFlight+ASP+R%2FT+switches#p116361

Charles

1 hour ago, CBB said:

Just received a reponse on the prosim forum, it seems the Gate should be set to an 8 bit unsigned, rather than 32 that I had.  I will try that tomorow

Well, seems odd that would make a difference. You're only selecting one bit of it. Maybe it's just the way it's been designed. I've only use 8-bit bytes for bit selection because it's too easy to lose count of the bit position when too bar up then wonder why the wrong bit was changing.

Pete

Hi Pete, well I tried it again but still no detection (see my last post on prosim forum), it seems to me that prosim is not detecting the switch for some reason, which is odd as other users have this working

57 minutes ago, CBB said:

well I tried it again but still no detection (see my last post on prosim forum), it seems to me that prosim is not detecting the switch for some reason, which is odd as other users have this working

Sorry, I can't help with that part.  A CPFlight configuration problem? Have you used ProSim's "Input Debugger" to see the switch change detected?

Pete