The simFlight Network Forums

Drzewiecki Design Seattle Airports and RAAS/make runways tool

Hello,

I am having an issue with RAAS calling out the correct runways at DD Seattle Airports Boeing Field. It continues to call out RW 13R/31L instead of 14R/32L. I have run the make runways tool several times but it still isn't picking up the correct runways at Boeing field. Any ideas?

Hi,

the original i.e. P3Dv4.5 RWY is 13/31. Depending on when Drzezwiecki released/ last updated their product, you might not have the corrected 14/32 RWY.

Note:

Boeing Field - Wikipedia

Boeing Field, officially King County International Airport is a public airport owned and operated ... Boeing Field was Seattle's main passenger airport from its construction in 1928 until Seattle–Tacoma International ... The runway numbers were updated from 13/31 to 14/32 in August 2017, due to shifting magnetic headings.

Thomas

3 hours ago, sho69607 said:

I have run the make runways tool several times but it still isn't picking up the correct runways at Boeing field. Any ideas?

If you know that the airport addon you are using is up to date with the change in runways, then either that scenery layer is being overridden by the default, or some other scenery layer is interfering. You need to look at the Runways.txt file. Search thought it for the airport ICAO ID and see how many layers are involved. The very last one listed will be the one taking precedence.

You could also use the Lorby-Si AddonOrganizer to see the layer priorities, and also use it to ensure the layer you want is above any others for the same area.

Pete

10 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you know that the airport addon you are using is up to date with the change in runways, then either that scenery layer is being overridden by the default, or some other scenery layer is interfering. You need to look at the Runways.txt file. Search thought it for the airport ICAO ID and see how many layers are involved. The very last one listed will be the one taking precedence.

You could also use the Lorby-Si AddonOrganizer to see the layer priorities, and also use it to ensure the layer you want is above any others for the same area.

Pete

I think I may have resolved the problem. I forgot the simple rule of running the tool as admin. Looks like several airports located on my external drive were not scanned.

1 hour ago, sho69607 said:

I think I may have resolved the problem. I forgot the simple rule of running the tool as admin. Looks like several airports located on my external drive were not scanned.

That's a rule imposed by the Lorby Scenery utility needing to be able to access otherwise protected folders in order to deal with the Add-On xml and Add-on CFG methods of installing scenery. It usually wasn't needed for MakeRunways' original need to only read the Scenery.cfg file.

Pete